Chapter 15

Nijah Simmons
Houston, Texas

I walked in school with my head down ready to get to my class. I would've been walking with Kj but he's coming late since he had a doctors appointment. I sighed before walking into the classroom sitting down.

I couldn't lie i really enjoyed myself this weekend with Sekani and his family. I thought it was going to be hard for me to start feeling comfortable around his family but the way they treated me i instantly felt comfortable.

Sekani🤍

When are you coming?

Shit, prolly 2nd period.

mann :(

Better go talk ta ya boy.

Forgot i had one of those😟.

Gtf dude😂😂.

No, seriously. We were talking about going over to his house one day haven't heard from him since.

Nijah-

Yes?

"Put your phone away before I confiscate it Ms. Simmons." Ms. Hancock said and i sighed before putting my phone up.

"I see your best friend not with you today." Malaya said grinning at me.

"mmhm." I hummed. I honestly didn't know why she was talking to me. On social media everybody knew she hated my guts so why is she trying to talk to me now.

After Kj said that stuff on my Twitter status Yasmine & Malaya was still going on about it because they felt as though it was me saying those things instead of Kj. Like come on I don't even talk like that.

Snap, maybe that's why Vince isn't talking to me. He probably thinks that Kj and i are more than what we are. Which is what lots of people think and it's starting to irritate me. But if that's why he wasn't talking to me that's all he had to say. Him just going hours without talking to me is just extremely childish. If this is what a relationship is like i do not want it anymore.

"So, you was talking big shit this weekend but you ain't sayin nunna that now." Malaya said if'ing at me. Delusional?

"The way I remembered it you were arguing with yourself while i sat down and ate barbecue." I said furrowing my eyebrows. After they started subbing me I actually just shut my phone off because it was just too much.

"You tryna be funny?" She asked scrunching her face up. That was not making her look cute at all.

"No." I answered.

"Would yall like to explain to the class what you're talking about?" Ms. Hancock asked before somebody came knocked on the class door causing her to walk toward it.

"So whatchu was talking about?" Malaya asked turning toward me and i sighed.

"Loo-" before i could finish my statement i felt her fist against my cheek but it didn't stop there. I tried to get up out of my seat but she pushed me down to the ground before getting on top of me and started punching me everywhere. I tried to push her off of me but she wasn't letting up and her hits were getting harder and harder.