FOURTEEN

♚♚♚

Things at the bank had never been better. The hostages who had chosen to stay had been put to work, and they were complying for once. Monica was in good spirits as she helped some other women count and divide up the money.

"Come on, I need this cut up in half an hour, okay?" Nairobi asked them.

"Hey, smile." Viena approached Alison, who was the only one who looked unhappy. "Everyone else is smiling"

Alison looked up at her and let out a soft smile before going back to her work. Viena patted her shoulder before turning away and helping Nairobi.

"How are you feeling?" Her older friend asked her.

The blonde shrugged her shoulders. "Fine. It still hurts, but I'll get over it."

"Just take it easy okay? Don't be afraid to take a break." Nairobi comforted.

Viena nodded and smiled. "Gracís."

80 Horas De Atraco

"It's time." Moscú announced as they reached the six-hour mark.

Viena sat at the table with the others, her head leaning on Hanoi's shoulder. They were all waiting in anticipation for the Professor's call, but the phone wasn't ringing.

Berlín looked at his watch. "We still have one minute until six."

"Well given the circumstances, you know where you can stick your damn British punctuality." Moscú responded, he then grabbed the phone and dialed.

Hanoi grew nervous. The unease blossomed in his chest almost instantly after the first ring. The Professor didn't answer the call, and Tokio's pacing worried him. He needed to get out of the bank. He really didn't want to be there anymore and he was itching to get out. 

"Eighteen hours." Hanoi said, the others looking at him. "Eighteen hours with no contact. I think we all know what that means."

Viena raised her head off of Hanoi. "No." She said firmly. "We can't just assume the worst."