NINE

♚♚♚

"Well known for having perpetrated several robberies at upscale shops and jewelry stores, Andrés de Fonollosa has also been accused of additional sexual crimes..." Said the reporter on the news.

Viena stood next to Nairobi, gripping her gun tighter, eyes wide open in shock. "What a resume." Nairobi said sarcastically.

"You're disgusting." Spat Viena, Berlín turning to face her. "Eres un cerdo!"

Nairobi stepped in, knowing why Viena was angry. "Who would've thought, with all that elegance, and that stick up your ass. At the end of the day, your thing is whores."

Berlín, or Andrés stared back at the TV, absolutely silent.

"...In particular, a human trafficking network that would bring in women from Albania and Bulgaria, to then be sold..."

Viena wanted to cry. She wanted to break down and let out all of her emotions. Her anger, her sadness, her grief... all of it. The eighteen year old wanted to hurt the man in the room, and she also wanted to protect Nairobi. Viena didn't want to believe the news, she really didn't. She wanted to trust the man that she considered a friend, but she didn't know what to think anymore.

"...as well as from Italy. He's been accused of several counts of procurement, extortion of minors, imprisonment..."

"Minors?" Viena whispered as Nairobi asked the same question. Viena let go of her gun and stumbled backward. Her breath hitched in her throat, glancing at Nairobi who was inching closer to Berlín.

"Can you explain to me what the hell the purpose is of having that girl tied up in your office?" Nairobi questioned. "What are you intending to do?" Nairobi was inches away from the man now.

"You're a piece of shit." Viena whispered just loud enough so he could hear her.

Berlín finally looked at the woman and instantly grabbed her by the neck and slammed her against the desk. Nairobi grunted, trying to glance at Viena. Viena stared at them, reaching for her knife.

She placed it against Berlín's throat in seconds. Nairobi punched the man but it didn't phase him, so she did it again, finally drawing blood. Berlín grabbed at Nairobi's neck with both of his hands, squeezing.

"Stop!" Viena yelled at the man, pressing her blade harder on the man.

He ignored her as he spoke to Nairobi. "I would never sell any woman, and I am most certainly not a pimp. I have a code of ethics that forbids me from it. It also forbids me from snitching on a partner, even if he's a miserable scumbag."

Nairobi choked. "Let. Her. Go!" The blonde demanded, grabbing her handgun and pressing it against Berlín's head. He stiffened at the touch.

"And that has nothing to do with my tastes and hobbies, Nairobi."

"If you say so." Nairobi sputtered. Nairobi gasped for air as Berlín let go of her neck.

Viena kept her gun raised at the man as she lowered her knife. She narrowed her eyes, watching him leave the room.

"...Inspector Murillo, with the robbers' spokesman. The fingerprint of Andrés de Fonollosa was found on a button discovered by the police inside a SEAT Ibiza linked to the investigation."