I'm going to do all but make it sunshine and rainbows for this arsehole

Returning to my hometown was never a plan for me. I was supposed to stay in boarding school until I was eighteen, I was supposed to leave for some university that my parents had chosen for me and I was supposed to do well in life. Or so my parents thought. Getting kicked out was never an option for my parents, but for me it was the only option. After being sent packing from Lady Elizabeth's Boarding School for Girls I thought that was my train ticket home, but infact it was my train ticket to hell. St. Christian's Boarding School was roll your eyes boring. Church hours made me gag and the stuck up cow who was Mrs. Loundsbottom made it all the more uninteresting. So I did a Wild Child and lit the curtains in my room, leaving behind my 'I hate boarding school' lighter that my bestfriend, Pink, had gave me the day I left, lying on the floor for evidence. I was soon packing my bags and climbing up the stairs to the next bus home.

That's where I'm sat right now. Third row from the driver, left of the aisle, window seat. I'm listening to 'What the hell' by Avril Lavigne and my head is leant up against the window which means every time the driver hits a bump in the road, it smashes hard against the glass. You may feel sad for me about this, but in some psychotic kind of way, it feels good. I'm currently thinking about returning to school, my old school. My parents have told my headteacher that I'm a changed child and to please give her this favour for taking good care of his daughter when she was practically at deaths door. I know what you're thinking, that's blackmail? Down right cruel? Maybe even that she's a bitch? Well that's exactly what my Mother is, she doesn't realise it in all fairness, but she totally is. The bus pulls up a few blocks from my house, I climb out lugging my bags behind me and thanking the bus driver as he helps pull my suitcase from under the bus. I wait until the bus pulls away before coming to the realisation that I'm actually home. Surely there's some catch to this, my parents would never want me to come home willingly, right? That's exactly why I told them I wanted to go to another boarding school. Of course no was their answer because noone has to be a child genius to know parents make you do the complete opposite to what you want to do.

"Pleeeeeeaaaaaase Mummy," I had pleaded.

"For christ's sake George take this phone off of me and tell her to get her ass back to this town before I drag her here myself." I remember smiling to myself when she said this, putting a huge thumbs up to Nichola, my room mate who had done everything to help me escape this hell hole. She had been chewing at her fingernails before she jumped up and didn't stop jumping, then her arms were around my neck (in which I was totally not comfortable with) so I peeled her arms off using my forefinger and thumb. I'm still currently waiting for the bus pull out of the road when...

"Yo sexy," a voice comes from behind me and I know exactly who it is.

"Alistair Creed, well how lovely it is to see you," I spin round and stand with one hand on my hip and the other is supporting me against my suitcase. He's changed since I last saw him, looks wise (clearly not personality wise). I study his familiar profile, messy brown hair that flops across his face, matching brown eyes, scar above his eyebrow, defined jawline, broad shoulders. The usual Alistair Creed really.

"What you doing back Big Girl, thought you was sent away after that fantabalistic stunt you pulled on Mr. Watts." Alistair edges towards me, slowly but before I can answer he's stood towering over me.

"Ah, see Lana Smoke never gives up. I said I would return, tah dah, here I am Big Boy." I put my hands in the air and shake them slightly and he laughs.

Alistair Creed has and always will be centre of attention. I mean, I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty popular too, but Alistair he flies off the radar with his athletic build and mussed up hair. Girls basically fall at his feet and he had pretty much slept with the whole of the cheerleading team before he turned fifteen.

"Need any help with them bags?"

"I think I'll be just fine without those non-existent muscles of yours Creed," I wink at him before again, lugging my bags down the street. Without even looking at him I know his bottom lip is sticking out and most likely dragging along the floor. That's the thing about these lifelong people you know, you know how they work, what they do, where the are, who they're with.

"Don't let that lip get gravel rash my dear, what girls will want you then?" I tease, laughing to myself.

The truth is, I've never liked Alistair. He's a dick. A big fat hairy one at that. One that some girls like, but to be fair, I don't see the phsyical attraction. In fact it's more hate on my side of the game and the feelings mutual. Our social status is the same, we are both at the top of the pyramid and in my eyes we always will be. Ever since the first day I met him at some house party my parents made me go to, we clashed. We were described as 'too alike' and 'cute together' ew. Being the mature five year old I was I invited himself and his family over to my house for tea. Our parents all agreed and there he was, sat sipping pretend tea from a plastic tea set that I had set out on a wooden table in my bedroom. These were the days when boys still had cooties and if you opened your bag of crisps upside down it meant you had a boyfriend.

"Don't get any ideas that I fancy you or anything because we are drinking tea," I said, turning my nose up and sticking my pinky out. Alistair had put his finger in his mouth and pretended to be sick all over my floor, making me throw a plastic cup at his head, hence the scar across the top of his eyebrow.

By the time we were ten we were practically ripping eachother's throats out.

"God you're so arrogant," I had screamed after he didn't let me play on his new Gameboy.

"It is mine Lana BaSmellynana."

"You're a dick," that's how our parents found us, me leaning accross his bed trying to pull the console out of his hand and calling him a dick whilst doing so. My parents were repulsed and ordered me home straight away. Alistair stuck his tongue out at me, whereas I stuck my finger up at him.

At fifteen we were partying and getting drunk together. Getting drunk with him was an excuse to fight with eachother. My Mum had found the two of us passed out on my bedroom floor in our underwear once, that didn't go down well as she thought we were sleeping together.

"Ew, I wouldn't touch that is he was the last guy on Earth," I screeched over the top of my Mother's lecture about safe sex and blah blah blah.

"Well I prefer girls on the cheerleading team to girls like you anyway. That's even if you are a girl," he said in reply with his arms folded across his chest.

"MUM! Tell him, I am a girl Big Boy. Maybe you should go get yourself checked out, someone on the team must have something, no doubt you've got whatever it is," I lunged myself at him, but my Mother stopped me between rubbing her temples and asking Alistair to leave. I had laughed my way up the stairs, stopping every other step to calm myself down before I threw up the contents of my Father's liquor cupboard and then continued the same pattern until I reached my bedroom which smelt like some old man's bar.

Now this motherfucker was back in my life and I'm going to do all but make it sunshine and rainbows for this arsehole.

___________________________________________________________________________

Thankyou so much for reading the first chapter. Any feedback would be great.

Comment even if you hated it, honestly I don't mind. Also vote for it? I hope you like these characters as much as I do:) Thankyou!