Pascal's Triangle Revisited

Int. Study Room. Opening Scene.
Most of the group was seated in their regular spots. Alice walked in and pointed to Max as she took her seat.

Alice: Did you get the video I sent you?

Max perked up and smiled.

Max: The octopus one? I've watched it three times.

Jeff looked to the older Baker girl.

Jeff: You sent your sister an octopus video?

Alice: What? They're her favorite animal. In middle school we took a school trip to the Greendale aquarium and Max spent the whole day at the octopus tank, and then proceeded to take a local bus every weekend after to visit it.

The group looked over to Max, who was now on her phone giggling that video. She looked up noticing them staring at her.

Max: Sorry, did I miss something?

Jeff: Just our concern about your love for Cephalopoda.

Alice rolled her eyes.

Alice: Oh please, it's not like she still goes and visits Steve the octopus every weekend still.

Max: Of course not. Steve died years ago, now I visit Larry.

She looks back to her phone and the group continues to look at her strangely.

Troy: Max, are you saying you have weekly dates with a fish.

Max: Octopus are not fish Troy, and when you say it like that it makes me sound like a freak. They're not dates. I just have a really awesome friendship.

Jeff: With an animal.

Shirley: I knew you needed Jesus, but I didn't know it was this bad.

Max scoffed and rolled her eyes. Setting her phone aside she looked at everyone.

Max: Octopi are highly intelligent creatures that have been proven to feel emotions such as joy, love, fear, and jealousy. And, can you blame for befriending it, it's not like I had many friends growing up.

Jeff: Okay, but now you have real people friends, so you can stop being weird.

Max scoffed and put her hands up.

Max: Okay, you all make fun of me now but when the octopi rise up and take over the world I'll be completely safe, and you'll be sorry.

The Community Theme Song "At Least It Was Here." by The 88 plays.

Int. Study Room-The Next Day.
The group, minus Jeff and Annie, sat together at the table. Abed was messing around with a banana.

He places the banana on his forehead to make it look like a horn.

Abed: Banana rhino.

He places it in a position to make it look like a mustache.

Abed (cont'd): Banana Sam Elliot.

He moves it over his eyes to look like it's from Star Trek.

Abed (cont'd): LeVar "Banana" Burton.

He puts it on his chin.

Abed (cont'd): Banana King Tut.

The group laughs as Pierce reaches for the fruit.

Pierce: Here, give me that.

He places his hand under the desk and chuckles.

Pierce (cont'd): Banana penis.