Advanced Criminal Law

Int .Study Room F-Day

Everyone was in their respective spots. The group was trying to figure out who used the cheat sheet for the test.

Troy: The only difference between Señor Chang and Stalin is that I know who Señor Chang is.

Alice rolled her eyes and looked to Troy.

Alice: You don't know who Stalin is?

Troy: I didn't do well in English, I'm sorry.

Shirley: Did you hear him call me Jackee like I'm some kind of black female caricature? If the good Lord hadn't been watching, I'd have slapped him upside the head.

Max: Who do you guys think cheated?

Without a moment of hesitation all heads look to Jeff. He sits in his chair texting, feeling the eyes on him he looks up.

Jeff: Flattering. But if I'm gonna cheat, I'm not going to write information from a book onto a piece of paper. That's practically learning for God's sake.

Alice: (sarcastically). Forgive us for our totally reasonable accusations.

Jeff gives her an equally sarcastic smile.

Jeff: You're forgiven. Anyways, Whoever made that crib sheet isn't a real cheater. Just insecure and naive.

Everyone looks at Annie, who is ready to protest.

Annie: I may be naive, but I'm not stupid.

They look to Troy.

Troy: Well, I may be stupid, but I'm not trying to look like I'm not.

They all look to Pierce.

Pierce: Well, I may be a genius, but I'm not a lesbian.

Max furrows her eyebrows at him, while Alice slouches back in her seat and rolls her eyes. Britta scoffs.

Britta: Who cares about the crib sheet.

Max: Me, since Senor Chang is threatening to fail everyone.

Britta: That's my point. The real cheater is the guy threatening everyone with a zero.

Annie: You're right. It's so unfair. I'm already overwhelmed by my duties on the song writing committee.

Pierce: Are you a musician?

Annie: Eww. No, I hired a local composer. But he's quite the handful.

Pierce: Well, I guess that's your own fault.

Annie: It is?

Pierce: You've got an accomplished pianist and songwriter sitting 3 feet away from you. I wrote the jingle for Hawthorne wipes moist towelettes. I would have done your song for free.

Abed: Troy could do the school song. Troy invited rap music, and he's related to Danny Glover and President Obama.

The group turns to him. Shirley is concerned.

Max: Are you sure about that Abed?

Shirley: Abed, have you been racist this whole time while I'm telling everybody at church what a sweet little caramel angel you are?

Troy laughed a little before leaning over to Abed.

Troy: Hey, man, that stuff I said this morning wasn't true. I was just messin' with you.