Yes, My Love.

"Jo?” Trixie tried to stop her giggles as she poked Jo on the cheek “Jo wake up!”. Jo’s eyelids shifted before she opened her eyes.

“Trixie! Oh my, Trixie! Jo sprang up and hugged the living daylights out of Trixie.

“ Dear Jo, are you glad to see me then?”

“I’m so glad you came” They let each other go, and sank on the couch.

“Oh thank heaven, I was worried, well, anyway, I wanted a moment with you alone.” Trixie stared at Jo shyly. “Laurie asked me to marry him.” Jo’s eyes widened, as she gaped at Trixie, mouth opening and closing.

“And I wanted you to be the first to hear it.”

“Well Damn-”

“JO! How dare you use that word!”

“I’m in shock Trixie, I am allowed just this once. I owe Beth a quarter.” Jo quietened when she thought about her late sister.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here for the funeral.” Trixie studied the floor.

“It’s alright, I understand. And your here now, and that is all that matters.” Trixie smiled as she went to hug Jo again.

“I just miss her so much. I would have stayed if I knew-” But Jo quickly stopped Trixie.

“I don’t want Laurie as my brother in law though. What a pain in the ass he will be now.” Trixie ignored Jo’s rudeness, as they just stared at each other before bursting out laughing. They joked around shoving each other. One time Jo shoved Trixie so hard she had to stop before she slammed into a wall. There was a shocked silence before they burst out laughing more hysterically than ever. They make it downstairs, holding each other up. They shut the door behind them, their hysterical laughs die down to giggles before they catch each other's eyes and bursting out yet again. Though Jo’s laugh quickly dried up, when she noticed Laurie approaching them, from where he was admiring the twins.

“Trixie told you?” Laurie asked. He and Jo were close before Trixie went on tour with Aunt March, and he was anxious that their friendship would stay the same.

“Yes,” Laurie nods, beginning to turn away before his curiosity got the better of him.

“And you are fine with this?”

“Yes, Teddy. But don’t let this get to your head.”

“Oh trust me I won’t” Laurie goes to pinch Trixie’s nose “This one will make sure of it” He ends with a smile, kissing her nose.

“Listen, Laurie, I just have to go to town quickly, because I promised Demi and Daisy sweets when I next see them. Isn’t that right?” She winked at said children and blew Laurie a kiss before she rushed out grabbing her coat on the way.

“She sure is a child at heart” Jo murmurs. It was refreshing to see Trixie after her absence from the household.

“Yeah,” Laurie agrees “But she’s my child” He smiles as he waves back at Trixie, who had turned around to wave them goodbye.

-----------------------------

Trixie was walking back from town, swinging her basket when she stopped, Mr. Laurence was standing just outside the house, just looking at it.

“Mr. Laurence?” Trixie calls, surprised

“Trixie” Mr. Laurence walks closer

“I couldn’t bring myself to... The house doesn’t seem right without her and I couldn’t go in knowing she wouldn’t be there.” Trixie gave him a sad smile as she took his hand in both of hers