You Talk A Lot Of Codswallop

Trixie! Trixie, where are you? Jo can’t find her gloves!”

“Take mine!” Trixie shouted back. There was great excitement between the three older March sisters, for Laurie had invited them to the theatre!

Well, he had invited Trixie and Meg but Jo had overheard so he invited her as well.

“Trixie, we’re going to be late.” This time it was Jo who shouted.

“Where are you going?” She heard Amy asking downstairs.

She quickly finished up with the curling tongs and quickly grabbing her shoes before cursing when she stumped her toe on the edge of the bed. Still cursing she made her way downstairs shoes in hand.

“You are not invited” she snappily said before sitting on a chair to slip her shoes on. She has not had a very nice day and every little thing was weighing on her patience.

“You are going somewhere with Laurie, I know it!”

“Yes, we are, now stop bothering!” Jo has also had enough

“Do you have the tickets?” Trixie tries to change the subject

“Yes now hurry up!” Meg shouted Trixie knew Meg hated being late.

“You're going to the theatre with Laurie. Meg, please, can I come?!”

“I’m sorry dearest, but you weren’t invited”

“You can’t go, Amy, so don’t be a baby and whine about it.” Trixie was still trying to put on her shoes but the shoelaces were being difficult, which in turn only made Trixie angrier

“ But I’ve been shut up in here and I never get to go anywhere. Beth has her piano but I’m so lonely!”

Amy turned in a circle to make a point

“I can teach you chords,” Beth said from where she sat playing the piano

“I don’t want chords Beth, I want to go to the theatre!

Trixie had, had enough. She stood up quickly and stomped over to Amy but Jo had already beaten there.

“No! I think you’d hate to poke yourself in where you're not wanted!” Trixie scolds

“Besides we already have to deal with dull Mr. Brooke” Jo interjected while Meg quickly stepped in between Jo and Amy. Trixie had stepped into the living room to get away from the tense atmosphere she had created between the older siblings and Amy.

“I like him, he’s kind.”

Meg gently smiled staring into space

“I’ll pay for myself!” Amy tried one last time

“You will not come.” Jo spat

“ I’m sorry, my sweet, but Jo is right. Next time.” Meg smiles trying to pacify Amy

“Come, Meg, stop petting her, or we’ll be late!”

“ You’ll be sorry for this Jo March-!” Amy throws her one shoe after them in anger

“You will! You’ll regret this. And Trixie will too!”

“Amy” Meg laughs before taking Jo’s cap off her head and moving to the front door to meet Laurie and Mr. Brooke.

Amy huffs before turning when she saw Beth was staring at her

“Don’t look at me like that!” Amy stomped out of the room holding up her hand as if to say “Speak to the hand”.