Anything for you Fae.

The Marches house was in chaos, Marmee, Meg, Amy, and Hannah was packing anything they thought would benefit Marmee in her journey to help their father. Trixie was bedridden, she had collapsed in a panic attack when she had learned the news.

“Is Jo back yet from Aunt March?” Marmee calls

“No, I haven’t seen her,” Amy replies as she hurries to the kitchen

“Do you need a pair of shoes?” Hannah gave Marmee a pair of shoes

“Yes, thank you” Marmee sends Hannah a grateful smile “Oh, Hannah did you get Father’s nightshirts?”

“Yes, I did”

At that moment Laurie came walking in, a pale Trixie holding onto his arm for dear life. Despite the chaos, Marmee could not help noticing how well they looked together

“-Anything I can do to help with” Laurie was saying to Trixie before he gave a hug and a kiss to the women he called Mother.

“Thank you so much for being here,” Marmee told him gratefully

“Of course” He replied

“ If I may be of any more assistance, please tell me. I will look in on the girls every day, without fail. “ Grandpa Laurence tells Marmee

“Thank you, for everything.”

“I have always admired your husband, and I pray for a quick recovery” Marmee gives him a gentle smile.

Trixie was now sitting in a chair, that Laurie had helped her into. Panic attacks always left her weak, and she hated them. She noticed Meg kissing Mr. Brooke on the cheek and made a mental note to tease her about it later.

“While I’m gone, Hannah is in charge - and please remember to check on the Hummel’s, it will be a difficult winter for everyone...”

Suddenly the door burst open and Jo came in, holding out money. Trixie stood up and moved to Laurie who was standing next to his grandpa and Mr.brooke.

“Will this be enough for the train? “

“Twenty-five dollars! That isn’t like Aunt March to be so generous.” Marmee was surprised

“I didn’t go to Aunt March, couldn’t bear to.”

“then where did you get the money?” Marmee wanted to know

“I only sold what was my own.” Jo pulled off her cap and everyone saw that her beautiful hair was cut and her hair was now short and almost a bob. Trixie began feeling lightheaded and almost fainted, but Laurie caught her before she could fall.

“Heyo, are you alright Fae,” he asked worriedly, looking down on her pale face

“I’m fine,” She said determinedly. She was angry at herself, here Jo had sacrificed her hair, and she was having fainting spells like there was no tomorrow.

Meanwhile, everyone was exclaiming about Jo’s hair, while she acted nonchalant about it, but Trixie she was upset. She moves to Marmee, who was giving a pep talk. All the girls were hugging each other close.

“ My girls: I love you more than words can say. Be good to each other. Pray for Father’s recovery. I will come back as soon as I can.” Laurie watches Trixie, where she stands next to Jo, more determined than ever to keep her safe until her mother's home again.

------------------------

It has been a few days since Marmee has left. The house was quite dirty and Trixie was trying to clean but, there was only so much a petite girl like Trixie could do. Amy has her foot in a bucket of plaster, working on making a mold. Meg is reading a letter, smiling to herself. Jo was upstairs writing a story while Beth is finishing a pair of slippers for Mr. Laurence, to thank him for letting her play the piano.