"Mr. Brooke has it?!"

Hurry up you three! Meg is going to be gone for a week!’’ Amy shouted to Laurie, Trixie, and Jo. They had become closer after the Amy debacle.

“Coming!” Laurie and Trixie chorused at the same time, laughing when they realized how in sync they were.

“You take the other carriage and surprise her - make sure she doesn’t fall in love!” Jo commanded Laurie. Trixie who heard what Jo had said, rolled her eyes, smiling fondly at her stubborn sister, laughing when she saw Laurie make a face at her.

“I will” Laurie confirms before they speedwalk over to the carriage that Laurie’s grandpa had lent to Meg, to assist her in her journey to Sally Moffat’s debutante ball.

Trixie was bored, they were in the final stages of saying goodbye but everyone was still bringing Meg stuff to take with her. Suddenly she perked up at a thought.

“O Jo, Laurie has to show you this new game he had invented. You have to try to touch the other person hand, but only when it is your turn and then if someone touches one hand you have to-” she stopped when she saw Jo’s bewildered face “Wait let us show you”

They stood a little to the side so that their flaying arms would not hit anyone.

“Engarde” Trixie says mocking Laurie

“Let us begin!” Laurie replies with a fake serious face. They started playing until Trixie’s attention wavered and Laurie tackled her to the ground.

“-Pretty things should be enjoyed” Marmee was saying to Meg.

Laurie helped Trixie up and she went down on one knee presenting him a tiny ring.

“Yes pretty things should be enjoyed” she laughed before giving him a tiny ring she always wore on her middle finger, standing up and giving him a long lingering kiss on the cheek. She smiled cheekily at seeing him frozen before she turned around and went to join her sisters.

“Don’t forget about us” Trixie hugs Meg from behind

“I won’t Trixie, it’s only a week!

Meg went to thank Mr. Laurence and Trixie moved to Laurie giving him a gentle smile, which he returned before putting his arms around her.

“It occurred to me today that my daughter’s piano and dancing room suffers from want of use-” Mr. Laurence began sneakily “Wouldn't one of your girls like to run over, and practice on it now and then, just to keep it in tune? If they don't care to come, why, never mind.”

Beth, who had been hiding behind Hannah, burst forth saying “Oh sir, they do care, very very much!”

“Are you the musical girl?”

“I love it dearly, and I'll come if you are quite sure nobody will hear me and be disturbed.”

“Not a soul, my dear.”

Beth smiled and went to stand behind Marmee and Hannah again. Meanwhile, Meg climbed into the carriage and everyone said goodbye for the last time.

Cheering and shouting she was seen off.

-----------------

It was a perfect spring day, and Laurie had invited a couple of his friends, and the March’s to join him by the sea, for a perfect day at the beach. Laurie's playing host was introducing everyone to everyone.

“This is Fred Vaughn,” He gestured to a handsome tall man, “and his sister Kate,” he gestured to the prim girl standing a little behind Fred, “ and of course you know Mr. Brooke - and this is Meg, Amy, Trixie, Beth, and Jo.” Jo nodded her head in greeting, and Trixie smiled shyly at them.

“So pleased to meet you,” Fred replies in a British accent,

“Oh, how elegant.” Amy breaks ranks and goes to shake Fred’s hand “Remember the name “Amy March.” I’m going to come to find you one day in London.” she flirts lightly

“Oh, I certainly will!” Fred has already decided he likes Amy the most out of all the sisters.

The day was fabulous. Trixie was very shy at first but she quickly came out of her shell when Kate (who had taken a liking to the shy, fashionable girl ) asked her to walk with her. They made small talk until Laurie came to ask Trixie if she wanted to play badminton with him.

“Do you mind, Kate?” Trixie asked worriedly at her new friend.

“Oh no, you go ahead” Kate replied giggling, wiggling her eyebrows at Trixie while she walks away.

------------

“ I know something you don’t know.” Laurie taunts Trixie, they were playing doubles against Fred and Amy.

“Tell me this second, before I lose my concentration and we pay for it” Trixie replies, hitting the badminton ball over the net.

“Has Meg perhaps mislaid a glove?” Laurie states slyly. Trixie completely forgets about the ball coming towards them and it lands behind them in the sand.

She whips around to look at Laurie, completely forgetting Fred and Amy

“Mr. Brooke has it?” Trixie turns pale, as she begins walking along the beach, Laurie only nods and walks alongside her “How do you know?” she was suspicious of Laurie’s grinning face

“I saw it.”

“ Where?”

“In his pocket”

“All this time?”

“Yes, isn’t it romantic?” Laurie does a hop skip, walking backward

“Why can’t it be romantic with someone else. Not with my sister”

“I thought you’d be pleased.”

“I am pleased, it’s just, I thought that I never actually thought that Meg would ever fall in love. It’s a daunting prospect that she may be swept off her feet and taken away” She wraps her arms around herself, trying to make herself smaller. Laurie steps forward, bringing her to his chest in a hug. She sighs in contentment, everything was just so much better there in Laurie’s arms

“You’ll feel better about it when somebody comes to take you away.” Laurie teases releasing her from the hug. She scoffs and shoves him away.

“I’d like to see anyone try it! Jo would chase them away before they get a chance”

“Your probably right” Laurie looks at the frail girl beside him. He was sure not even Jo could scare Him away. But first, he had to see if Trixie also loved him. She shoves him again, breaking his intense gaze on her and laughs at his antics.