Perfect Criminal •Part 2•

Start from the beginning

Alec let out a deep breath and looked at his boyfriend. "How can I not, babe. I'm an FBI officer, if I'll lack in my job then-"

"Who said you are lacking? You're doing your best and everyone can see that. Luke, Izzy, Jace, even Maryse and Robert who are business owners and not cops like their kids. I know this case you're handling is a hot topic around New York but you can't stop living because of some psychopath. Now, get up and clean the mess you've created while I finish cooking lunch for us, and I better see this room clean like before when I'm done!"

Alec bit his lip and looked around the room. He should've seen it coming. He barely loses his temper and whenever he does, all you can expect is complete destruction. But his boyfriend's anger is worse than his and he never wants to get to his bad side, especially when he's the one at fault, like right now.

"Okay." Alec spoke softly, looking like a puppy scolded for bad behaviour making Magnus chuckle.

Magnus stood up, kissed his boyfriend's forehead then went to his dresser, and picked up a big bag.

"Put my stuff in this bag, including the glitter and no touching of anything else. You know I hate it. I'm finishing up our lunch while you clean the room. That will help you with calming down anyways, as I can tell you're feeling anxious right now."

Alec smiled, his boyfriend knew him so well. "Do I really have to clean up the glitter too?" He asked and Magnus glared daggers at him making him gulp. "Kay, I will." He whispered softly.

---------------

"Jesus! Why aren't you a cook instead of a designer, this is delicious!" Alec moaned while chewing his juicy lime chicken.

"Well, thank you, darling. I know I'm multi-talented." Magnus beamed but then looked at his boyfriend worriedly. "Darling?"

"Mmmm?"

"Do you really have to go to the headquarters? Can't you avoid it? You're going to work from tomorrow again anyways? Can't I have you to myself for at least a day?" He asked, but in all honesty, he just wanted to live normally for once, in the arms of the only person whom he loved with everything he had. And the only person he received unconditional love from.

Alec looked up from his food, smiled warmly, and intertwined his fingers with Magnus'. "You got your wish fulfilled, babe. I've already talked to Luke and requested him to take care of everything for today. He actually was going to tell me not to come and he'll brief me everything tomorrow. He said and I quote it 'You need to live a little, Kid! You're my best officer that doesn't mean you make your man angry. Believe me when I say this, I've been there, done that, and I regret every moment I chose work over Jocelyn!'" Alec mocked Luke and rolled his eyes.

Magnus chuckled. "See, I told you so!"

Alec rolled his eyes again and kicked his boyfriend's leg under the table earning an 'ouch' and smack on his head.

"Magnus!"

"What? You started it!"

Alec sighed. "So, what are your plans after having lunch?"

"Let's see, cuddle on our sofa bed while watching a movie? What say?"

"I'll love that but... please don't let the movie be 'P. S. I love you'!"

Magnus grinned. "You read my mind, sayang."

Alec groaned. "Babe, we've watched it for over thousand times!"

"And we can watch it one more time, pretty pleeease." Magnus gave him his best puppy eyes making the man melt.

"Fiiine!"

-----------

After setting the sofa bed and picking out the movie, they brought all the blankets, cushions, and pillows to make them comfortable and Magnus started closing the curtains and setting up the lights when Alec spoke.

"Babe, you set everything up, I need to pee, I'll be back quickly."

"Okay, and you better not find any excuse to change the movie!" Magnus warned.

Alec sighed and shook his head. "I won't, happy!?"

Magnus grinned and Alec left for their bedroom's attached washroom. While making his way back to their living room, he noticed some of Magnus' torn glitter packet laying on the floor beside his dresser which he hadn't noticed before and gulped. 'Shit! Thank god I saw it before Magnus! He would've killed me!' He thought to himself and quickly cleaned it up and kept it in the bag his boyfriend gave to him.

While doing that he noticed a black colored box sitting on the counter place of the dresser which he was about to destroy when Magnus stopped him earlier. The box was never outside the drawers before so he must've somehow thrown it on the floor when he destroyed his boyfriend's stuff. He licked his lips and ran his fingers gently over the box. It was a beautiful deep black colored box with golden borders and cursive golden patterns at it's each edge.

He then sighed and withdrew his fingers. He respected his boyfriend's privacy but he was a curious person since he was an investigator after all. Magnus had so many boxes like these which always makes him curious about what these boxes held. Was it a surprise gift he was planning for him? Because this box wasn't there when Magnus moved in with him. Or some kinky stuff his boyfriend hasn't shared with him yet? Or something really personal he really shouldn't get involved with?

He bit his lip and looked towards the door then at the box, deciding to have a little peek at whatever the box held. If it would be something really personal of Magnus', he'll do anything to make up to him. But he wasn't prepared for what was he was about to get himself into.

He picked up the box and slowly opened it a little, but a gasp escaped from his lips and the box fell on the floor, scattering its contents on the floor as his eyes went wide with shock.

There on the floor lay several tiny blades, several golden ribbons, numerous transparent and black gloves, a thick, weird black colored mask, a black handkerchief, or was it a handkerchief? a white colored bottle, a chloroform bottle, and a tiny golden box opened wide containing contact lens, but not any contact lens, creepy looking reddish-golden cat-eyed contact lens boring straight into his soul. He froze as his heart started beating faster, those were the exact things needed for a murder, exact evidence he was looking to catch the serial killer, exact lens, exact ribbons, exact murder weapon he was trying to decipher, but what were all these doing in his place, moreover in his boyfriend's belongings? Shock started settling inside him as his mind started thinking about the possibilities.

"Alexander! Have you slept inside the bathroom or wha-" Magnus walked inside the bedroom but stopped when he saw his weapons and ensembles scattered on the floor and Alec looking at it wide-eyed, especially at the contact lens. He gulped and his heart started racing badly. How did that happen?

"Al... Alexander?" He asked fearfully, while he covered his right hand with his left and unwrapped one of his rings which was actually a coiled blade he always kept for emergencies. He didn't want to hurt his boyfriend, no, he could never. He loved him so much, but if it would come to it, he had no other option.

Alec blinked when he heard Magnus' voice and looked at his boyfriend. He couldn't think of anything. Was his boyfriend was the one he was looking for this whole time? Was he? No, not possible. He was the most pure-hearted person he had ever met, but these weapons, these things? That was the exact ones serial killer 'The Perfectionist' uses. He looked at his boyfriend with shock and noticed a blade in his hand. He froze as his eyes widened more if possible.

"Ma... Magnus? You?"

__________________________
Reviews and feedbacks are welcomed. ❤️❤️