5

Rosalie sat with Allison and Lydia on the bleachers, the breeze blowing her brown hair into her face and getting stuck to her lip gloss. She was thankful she had remembered to grab her coat before leaving her house this morning. Jackson had left them to get changed into his Lacrosse gear, and Coach was already yelling at people. 

"He's always yelling at people, by the way," Rosalie told Allison. Allison laughed lightly, already seeing that it was a regular occurrence for this teacher.

"McCall! You're on goal." Coach yelled. Rosalie froze, her eyebrows knitting together. McCall. That could just be a coincidence, right? Things were getting too suspicious for her liking. It can't possibly be the guy from her dream. It was just a dream. A nightmare.

The McCall boy was put in goal, his shoulders rolling back and forth to release tension.

"Who is that?" Allison frowned, watching the boy carefully.

"Him? I'm not sure who he is. Why?" Lydia answered, wondering why Allison was interested in a guy that even she didn't know.

"He's in our English class."

The whistle was blown to signal the start of the practice, but the McCall boy reacted badly to the sound. He was on the ground, holding his head as if he was in pain. This meant that the first ball thrown towards him was caught by his masked face and not his net. The crowd laughed as the boy was sent backwards into the goal, Rosalie trying to hold back her snorts of laughter. The crowd's laughter soon died down and was replaced with gasps as he caught the next ball without seeming to try. He had caught it in his net so smoothly that it was impossible to believe that he had missed the first.

"He seems like he's pretty good," Allison noted, seeming to be as impressed as everyone else.

"Yeah, really good," Rosalie replied, frowning at the boy who caught every single ball that was thrown at him.

Jackson was next to throw the ball. There was no way this kid could catch this next one. As much as Rosalie hated to admit it, Jackson was good at Lacrosse. If McCall could catch this one, she'd be shocked.

The world seemed to go in slow motion as the ball left Jackson's Lacrosse stick. It flew through the air in a straight line, it was so fast that Rosalie couldn't see if it had even been in the air. To everyone's surprise, McCall had caught the ball, the small crowd cheering. Even Lydia was on her feet and clapping, earning a cold stare from her boyfriend. Rosalie could only laugh at his annoyed face and clap at the boy who had proved her and so many others wrong.

"Yeah! That's my friend! Whoo!" A voice shouted from the sidelines. The boy with the buzz cut was too busy cheering for his friend that he missed the girl he had been in love with for a whole year finally glancing in his direction for the first time.