2

The nightmares always felt the same. She was cold, paralysed under the sheets of her bed. No matter which way she turned, she could never escape the dark void that seemed to roam her mind at night.

It was almost the bewitching hour and Rosalie found herself walking through the woods in her mind, a thick fog clouding her vision. At first, she couldn't make out what she was looking at, the branches on the trees reaching out to her almost as if they were pointing her in the direction she needed to go. Her body was soon covered in a cold sweat, her hair sticking to her neck, choking her.

She could feel a draft on her face and the smell around her reminded her of dark, wintry nights. She was about to start walking when her eyes caught glimpses of ghostly forms in the darkness. She focused harder. She couldn't figure out whether they were really there or not. As she stared more closely their outlines became more solid and it became clear that they were just two boys, not ghosts.

Her body turned in her bed, her lungs gasping for air as she saw the pair walk through the darkness. They disappeared from her sight after a few seconds, only for one to return. He looked around his surroundings desperately, as if he was worried for his life.

An animalistic growl had startled him, the beast-like figure chasing him until he had fallen and had no way of escaping. The beast bared its teeth as it hovered over the boy, ready to pounce. Rosalie's vision fogged up after that, the fate of the boy not being seen.

She could faintly hear a woman's voice in her mind scream 'Scott McCall' before a piercing alarm attacked her eardrums.