Arthit nodded, thankful that Kongpob bought his excuse. He settled on the bed as Kongpob got back on the call with Tew. Hearing Kongpob's mellifluous voice, Arthit relaxed a bit. But when Kongpob started to joke with Tew about their trip, his breath hitched, and he started to feel the fear again. That nightmare was too damn realistic and vivid.

On their hazing trip, seeing Kongpob almost drown had petrified him, and it seemed like he is still not over that trauma. Ever since Kongpob had informed him about his upcoming trip, Arthit had been uncomfortable and restless.

And if today's nightmare was any indication, he was clearly stressed and worried about it, cuz he won't be there to keep an eye on Kongpob. Even though Kongpob had wanted the seniors to join them on the trip, the third-year classes were ending three days later owing to a few make-up practical sessions.

Arthit couldn't control his fear anymore. Getting up from the bed, he pulled Kongpob's chair back and plonked himself on his lap, wrapping his arm tight around his neck, even before Kongpob could fathom what was happening. Arthit's ears turned pink as he realized the gravity of his action, but throwing caution to the wind, he hugged Kongpob tighter.

Kongpob was dumbfounded. This was the first time something like this happened. Ever. Arthit, who always made it a point to run in the opposite direction when Kongpob initiated any kind of intimacy, was sitting on his lap and holding him tight. It had been a little more than 7 months since they had started dating, and other than first base, Kongpob had not made any progress. Not that he was in any rush, knowing how shy and nervous Arthit was, so he was ready to wait for as long as it takes as he was in this relationship for the long haul.

"Hel..ng..."

Realizing that Tew was still on the call he replied,

"Umm... Tew... Let's... Let's talk in class today. Okay?"

"Kongpob is everything ok."

"Yeah yeah! See you, buddy. Goodnight."

"Ok! Goodnight mate."

Setting the phone on the table, he wrapped his arms around Arthit and gathered him closer. That's when he realized that something was off, as Arthit was shaking ever so slightly, that he had missed it when Arthit first hugged him.

"P Arthit Khap. Is everything ok? Why are you shaking? Are you sick? Did something happen?"

In answer, Arthit hugged him tighter and Kongpob let him be, giving Arthit time to speak when he is ready. Holding him tight, Kongpob soothingly ran his hand on his back, while he enjoyed this unexpected bliss. It was only when he heard a sniffle, he pulled back and urged Arthit to look at him, lifting his face gently. Red rimmed doe eyes stared back at him, while he sniffled once again, like a child who was admonished for his impishness.

"What's wrong, P'?"

Arthit blinked a few times and then once again hugged him. Kongpob had no other option so he held him tight. Arthit shifted and turned his head into the crook of Kongpob's neck, breathing hard, making it difficult for an already struggling Kongpob to not squirm. 

The warm moist breath hitting his sensitive skin was turning him on, and he didn't want Arthit to think he was a pervert the very first time they were this close. Kongpob, battling his lust, tried to control his body's response by recalling the principles of calculating the spring constant using Hooke's Law and every other law he could recall he had studied last week for his exam. Anything to distract his mind and cool his rising libido.

Unaware of Kongpob's mental dilemma, Arthit finally whispered.

"Kong, be careful at the beach. Don't... Don't go into the water alone. Please!"