Chapter 33: Truth

Y/n's PoV:

What has gotten into me?

To be honest, I don't know either. But I decided to take Kio's advice.

It took me a day to build up my confidence to talk to him again. And now that I'm in front of the door, I still don't know why something's stopping me. My guts doesn't trust me at all.

This is it.

I finally get myself out to the backyard,
searching for him. A figure stood sad and lonely, I don't have to think twice because I already know that it was him.

Beer cans surrounded his body as he lazily layed on the grassy ground. Slow music played on the background, putting him right to his unearthly feels.

He had been distancing himself the last few week and to see him like this - like a wreck gives me a minor guilt.

"Quinton get up."I ordered on a dour manner.

He acted like he didn't hear me as he stared at the starless night above us. Nothing, nothing but black heavily coated the sky.

He looked lifeless. The huge eyebags contrast his pale skin, his limp body stilled with no movement.

"Quinton, please... let's talk."I urged.

He closed his eyes, a tear fell out but he quickly wipe it away.

Am I the cause of his pain...?

He looks like he doesn't want to talk so I decided to make the first move.

I emit a long, deep, breath to express my frustration. "Look, I want us to be okay again. Are you fine with that?"I checked but he averted his face away from me.

"I'm sorry."

I turned quiet. His sorry wouldn't change anything.

A choking silence formed around us, it felt like eternity as it made me hard to breath but he easily broke it like a glass.

"I'm so sorry for acting like a douche. I'm sorry for shouting at you and calling you the 'w' word, you're not like that. I'm sorry for degrading you."he kept mentioning 'sorry', it made the word useless.

He stroked his newly black hair that resembles the color of an ink; intensifying the dark,"It's just - just brought by jealousy and anger, I said the things that I never meant. I don't like when they touch you...or even get close to you. I only wanted you for myself."resentment and bitterness clawed its way to his mouth, consuming his strength.

"You belong to me."he whispered as tears streamed down his face slowly.

I was taken aback.

I don't belong to him....or to anyone else.

It has been a long way for me and for him. We had already ended our relationship, he's labeled as my ex now. The point of kissing him two times here in Sway doesn't make any sense. It was lust for him while it was a time machine for me, bringing us back to our old memories.

We might've said some words that we didn't meant or acted as if we owned each other even if not. He broke my heart since the day he hooked up with my friend and to add up the pain, he decided to moved out to the same apartment as mine. Then I was left alone... the only thing that stayed was myself as the whole world crumbled around me.

But past is past.

And it should just stay like that.

It took me a minute to find a come back but my logic seemed to betray me as I was lost for words.