It was silence for a while before you started to ask her a question.

"Are you still mad at Joshua?" She sighed hearing your question.

"I'm not mad honey, it's just, it made me feel bad because you have to be a young mother,"

"Mom listen, it's not Joshua's fault, it's mine," you faced your body to her.

"I'm not lying, I didn't give Joshua permission to wear protection and I chose to use birth control,"

"But you still got pregnant didn't you?" She asked you back.

"Because I forgot to take the pill once and there comes Sophea,"

"I'm sorry, but I wanted you to know that I'm happy she came into my life although it's too early and I'm glad Joshua's the father," you stopped before continuing.

"He's always taking care of me and I don't know how to love him more, Joshua's a great father,"

"Did he do well?" She smiled when she looks at you.

"So well mom, you'll be proud when you see how he managed to take care of her,"

"I'm glad you're the one who gave me a grandchild y/n," she caressed your cheek before pulling you into a hug.

"And I'm glad you're the grandmother to my daughter,"

You smiled at her before she stands up and holds your arm.

"Let's go inside, it's freezing out here, Joshua might wake up if he noticed that you're not in bed,"

After entering the house you kissed her goodnight.

"Goodnight mom,"

"Goodnight dear,"

You tiptoed when entering Joshua's room and went under the covers beside him.

His arms wrapped around your waist pulling you closer to him.

"Where you've been? I missed you," he mumbled, eyes still closed.

"Did you? I went to take some fresh air,"

_________________________________

You woke up early to help Joshua's mom to make breakfast for everyone.

After done making scrambled eggs, you decided to feed Sophea some omelet that is cut into small pieces.

Joshua came down after waking up and kissed your temple.

"Good morning,"

"Morning, did you sleep well?" You look at his morning face. His hair is messy and his eyes are not fully opened.

"With you beside me? Of course,"

He sits at the dining table and starts eating the french toast that you put for him.

"Baby, can you feed Sophea? I need to go to the toilet real quick," you handed him the plate of omelet and he nodded.

"Sure,"

"Let her chew slowly okay?" He nodded again and gestured you to go.

"Okay, I'll handle it,"

Joshua pulled a chair in front of Sophea and she looks at him with drool dripping from her mouth.

"Okay let's wipe this," he puts on her bib and wipes her drool.

"Aaa," Joshua opens his mouth and Sophea followed what he did and he feeds a small piece of the omelet in her mouth.

"Is it good? You like what mommy cooked for you?" She jumps on her chair a few times while smiling and wanted to reach for the omelet from the plate on Joshua's hand.

Joshua pulls the plate away from her but feeds her another piece.

"Here you go, good girl,"

"She's just like you when you were a baby," his mom said while eating the toast.

"What? Cute?" He pointed his index finger to his cheeks and smiled.

"No, reaching for your foods if it's good," she chuckled when he pouted.

"Because you're the one who cooks it, of course, it's good," slowly she walks at Joshua and holds his face.

"I'm sorry for scolding you,"

"It's okay mom," he leaned his head to her and she kissed his head.

"I'm so proud of you, you're a responsible father to your daughter and y/n,"

"I learn that from you," he looks at her and smiled.

Sophea then jumped again and he knew that she wanted her food.

"When is dad coming home?" Joshua asked his mom and she tried to remember the date.

"Probably tomorrow night, but don't worry, he'll be happy to see his new grandchild,"

You on the other hand smiled while standing behind the wall. It's good to know that your plan worked.

Vote and comment!!