Chapter 5

The sound of birds chirping woke Mia up the next morning. The water was blue and glistening in the mooring sunlight. Her back aches from sleeping on the ground. As. She sat up straight and looked out at the ocean in front of her Mia recalled what happened last night making her stomach turn. She knew she had to get back on the plane and find her belongings maybe that would Help her figure things out., but Mia knew that she would have to wait till the evening. The cabin crew wouldn't let anyone near the plane. It made sense because it was unsafe, half the flights was in water and the other half burnt.so, she decided to wait till everyone was asleep.

Mias stomach grumbled. She was starving. They didn't have much left and soon they would have to figure out a way to find food. She walked towards the plane where they served breakfast. After having half a bagel and coffee she decided to take a walk. There was not much to to on the island beside take a walk on the coast line and swim. No one was able to go inside the island due to the fear of losing passengers. Those who left in search for help had not been back yet and everyone was being to worry.

Mia had made up her mind, she would sneak into the inner part of the island and explore. Taking Nate with her. He was the only one she talked to anyways. Speaking of Nate he had finally woken up and found his way to her.

"Hey!" He said, while falling it rhythms with her along the shore. Mia smiles at him. His hair was everywhere and his voice was husky.

"You're up early. Did you sleep?" He asked her. as he walked alongside mia

"not really" mia replied trying to avoid Nates quizzical face.

"Same, sleeping on the ground is my neck and back sore." Nate mentioned why rubbing the back of his neck. making his selve roll up which exposed his bicep. catching herself in action, mia quickly shook the thought of Nate out of her head.

They walked in silence for a while. there hands casually brushing up against each others. Nate didn't seem to notice but it sent chills up mia she was quick to fold her arms over her chest as they carried on walking across the shoreline.

"What do you wanna do today?" Nate asked mia. there wasn't much to do on the island. they've walked up and down the beach everyday. swimming was a daily activity for everyone except mia. She refused to get into the water, but she never understood why.

Mia would watch Nate go for a swim every mornings, while she sat by the shore. He would never ask if she would like go for a swim. Nate never pressured her and she had a feeling he knew why she did not like getting into the water.

Mia looked towards the palm trees and bushes to answer the question. Nates eyes followed. "Really?" He as asked. "You wanna go in there?"

"Why not?" she said as she Looked back at Nate watching him carefully. His eyebrow was raised and he looked uncertain about the idea "unless you're scare..I mean I could go by myself..."

"I'm not scared."

"Right." mia on the golden sand and looked out toward the ocean.  she could feel Nates gaze on her but kept her eyes glued to the soft blue waters. Nate grey shirt fell by her feet before he ran straight into the water for his daily swim.

After his long swim, Nate walked out of the water only to find Mia knocked out. it wasn't even noon and the girl was fast asleep. everyone was bored out of their minds. they only thing that kept them sane was the bit of hope of getting off this island.

he leaned over mias sleeping figure giving her a light shake, he said "wake up, sleeping beauty."

her eyes flicked open imminently to the sound of his voice. she watched him with those sleepy brown eyes. mia was not happy that Nate had disturbed her sleep, she let out a big yawn before sitting up straight and handing him his shirt she had used as a pillow.