kuroo tetsuro

It started out as a couple of friends having a late night drive. With him in the passenger seat and me on the edge of the boot, feeling the wind blow into my face as the driver drove down the empty highway. The radio blasted some 10s hits, making me feel like I was in some sort of coming-of-age movie. I noticed him tapping his finger to the beat of the song and smiled.  

After about 15 minutes of aimless driving we decided to go on a MacDonald's run. At the drive-thru it started getting a little cold and I grabbed a jacket behind the driver's seat, awaiting my fries and McFlurry.

"Hey, y/n, are you sure that'll be enough?"

Kuroo, my long-time friend who didn't even know about my feelings for him, asked me.

"I'll be fine, K." I rolled my eyes, smiling internally because he was worried about me. Our friend, Kenma, paid for us and we drove to the beach, where we made our own little space in the soft sand, and sat over a blanket Kenma had laying in his boot.

As we watched the waves quietly crash into each other, I asked, "Do you guys ever wonder what it's like to fall in love?", when in fact, I knew exactly what it felt like.

They were silent for a while, shoving their burgers down their throats, thinking about the question. Kenma gave a simple "Nope." while Kuroo seemed to be in deep thought about it.

"Yeah, I've wondered about it before." He looked up the stars, the moonlight hitting his face, perfectly highlighting my favourite features about him. "I think being in love is meant to be a process. You get to understand that person like they were you through another lense... someone who gets you without even trying. And the process makes you feel complete. Because no one can go through life alone, so that person completes the journey. It's like, it was just meant to be."

It was silent again. I pondered on his words, surprised that he said exactly what I was thinking. As I was about to say something, Kenma sighed. "Well, things just got deep here and I'm not in the mood to get in my feelings so I take it as a sign that we can leave now." He said as he stood up.

"I kinda wanna stay a bit longer."

Kuroo and I said at the same time. I chuckled silently. Kenma looked at us blankly and I could tell he was annoyed and wanted to get back into his warm bed.

"It's cool, we can uber back to my house and I'll drive her back home tomorrow morning." Kuroo suggested, "Go home, dude."

Kenma smiled with thanks and left us alone, taking the trash with him. Now that it was just two, it seemed a bit more intimate. "Aren't the stars beautiful?" I asked.

He hummed in agreement, "the view's much better from down here."

I looked to my side to see that he'd laid down on his back. One of his hands supported his head and I noticed the goosebumps on his bare arms. "Shit, aren't you cold?"

"Well, you took my jacket so I didn't really have anything to keep warm now, did I?" He smiled at me.

My eyes widened and I looked at the jacket, confirming how familiar it looked and I tried to take it off but his hand stopped me.

"Don't worry about it. Lay down with me, instead."

I complied, staring into the sky and found myself agreeing with him, "The view is much better from down here."

"I dont know why you'd doubt me."

My lips curled up, feeling him roll his eyes. We started talking about nothing and something at the same time. Going on about conspiracy theories and what else could be out in space. He was convinced that there were parallel universes and that in at least one of them, we were in the exact situation as now except he was a girl and I was a guy.