*** *** ***

Ryujin was inside the house with Mama Hwang and things were going really well, all was smooth. The principal had taken a strong fondness to her daughter's girlfriend and she was glad she did because they both get along more than either would have ever imagined in the beginning.

At the moment, they talked with one another over dinner. The dinner groceries Yeji went shopping for were useless as of now. Ryujin came over unannounced after spotting Yeji with a stranger and, even though she tried to pretend she wasn't hungry, her stomach betrayed her by growling. She offered to buy takeout or something for them to save Mama Hwang time, but the principal insisted on cooking. Who is she to deny a home-cooked meal?

Meanwhile, Yeji and Hyunjin had just arrived. Parked in the driveway, the brunette was losing her mind.

"I didn't know you'd have company."

"That's her car, Hyunjin! She's here! Why is she here???" They didn't do surprise visits since, usually, they're already together when they hang out. That, or it's planned. Then again, as of late, Yeji's been busy. She's almost certain that explains why her girlfriend is here.

"Relax, stop yelling at me. It's not like I know either."

Yeji sunk back into the passenger seat, brushing her fingers back through her hair stressfully and taking several deep breaths. "What if she found out about everything I planned?"

"Then bye-bye surprise."

"YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT CONSOLING!"

"Or you're just bad at keeping secrets. Quit shouting and take your things. Do you want me to help you bring them in?"

"No, that's a terrible idea."

"Why?" Hyunjin faced Yeji. "Am I not allowed to meet her?"

"Not yet, no." Yeji hopped out of the car and walked over to the trunk with. Her cousin followed.

"Are you not going to give me the reason?" He asked as he took some of the bags, sliding them on her wrist.

"She'll ask about you and it may lead to questions about the surprise. You'll meet her tomorrow, as planned."

"You planned our introduction too?"

"Of course, she has to meet my favorite family member." Now with all of the bags in hand, the latter closed the trunk without making too much noise, and Yeji looked up at him with a smile. "You're still annoying but thank you for helping."

"Aha! See? I knew you loved me."

"Haha and that's my cue. Please hold my things for me," she said as she headed to the front of the house and offered a small wave.

"How are you supposed to finish in time for tomorrow if she's here and you don't have what you need?"

"I'll figure it out... hopefully. See you tomorrow."

"Adios, little Hwang."

As much as she wanted to yell she's only younger by two months, she wouldn't just in case a certain someone inside might've heard.

Yeji was about to open the door when she realized her hands were full. She kicked the door loud enough to get their attention. Once she heard the locks undone, she sighed in relief. The bags were getting kind of heavy.

"Oh, it's just you. Where's your key?"

"I forgot it in my room but I couldn't open the door with all these bags anyway."

"Oh. Hurry in, we don't want any flies." She was greeted by her mother at the front door, and although she was hoping for help with the groceries, instead, she watched her mother go back to the table with the blue-haired girl who was looking back at her.