A Favor (Pt.2)

"Why aren't you starting the car?" Yeji stares at her friend with eager eyes. She's thankful for the last-minute arrival on her behalf, but she'll honestly admit the amount of patience she has left after the past few days is running thin.

Still, Lia wasn't going to put up with all of the secrecy. She hasn't heard from her best friend in a couple of days and that doesn't sit well with her. She knows something is up. "You call me for a favor, off of Chaeryeong's phone, which may I point out is NOT your own, yet I haven't been filled in on anything."

"Come on, Lia? Would I ask you for something if it weren't important?" Yeji pouts, mustering the best puppy eyes she could pull off. It works... to an extent. Lia does eventually agree, but she continues to interrogate the older girl as she reverses out of the driveway and heads to their destination.

"Mind telling me where we are going?"

"To Ryujin's."

"Oh, does that mean you're finally ready to confess?"

Internally freaking out, Yeji now realizes that she hasn't had the opportunity to tell Lia about what occurred that very day after dropping her best friend off. Actually, Yeji's genuinely surprised that Chaeryeong didn't spill the details yet. Surely they talked about it at school, right? Unless Ryujin was absent on Friday as well?

"I may have already done something similar to that... "

"You WHAT?" A slap echoed throughout the car, Yeji now rubbing the faint red spot on her arm. She's not surprised, though. Lia has been pushing for her to date someone for a long time, and now that it's finally happened, she's accidentally one of the last to know. "What's up with you waiting to tell me when these things happen?!"

"Hey! Hands on the wheel! I want to get there in one piece."

"The only person who's going to hurt you is me! So details. Now."

There's a certain sternness in Lia's voice that always made Yeji listen, and so she began to describe everything that had happened that night, from the moment she was dropped off up until this morning. Of course, she left out specific details that would be too uncomfortable to share. She decided it wasn't really any of Lia's business to know the extent of the kiss, anyway, and their conversation lasts until they reach Ryujin's place.

"So you're not going to listen to your mom?" Lia questions, trying to make sure she's hearing Yeji correctly. "Again?"

"I just got Ryujin. I'm not going to give her up just like that."

"Well aren't you determined." Presently in the young Shin's driveway, by use of the address that Chaeryeong provided them, Lia glances at the passenger, a smirk on her face. "You know, now you owe me something."

"Sure."

"Really?" The younger's lips part, eyes curious. She didn't expect Yeji to agree. She expected her to whine or complain. "Even if it's something embarrassing?"

"I don't care what it is so long as it means I get to see her."

"Oh my~ " Hand over her mouth, Lia melts at the latter's words and hugs her friend tight, pretending to cry. "My baby's all grown up!"

"You're ridiculous." Before acknowledging Lia's last few words, Yeji enjoys the hug, happy that her friend helped her out. However, once she realizes what was said, her body jolts up. She quickly releases herself from the other's hold. "Hold on, I'm older than you!"

"Sure you are. Now get out and go get your girl. Do I need to come back to pick you up?"

"No, I'll probably just spend the night here."