Sketchy

"Chaeryeong!" Lia shouted to the girl making a run for it.

Why you might ask? Well, she dreaded being alone with Yuna and Jiu. Without Yeji around to tame her, a motherly side begged to unleash itself. Lia hardly knew Jiu and wished Yuna chose someone different. Not that she thought Jiu was terrible, but because she wasn't sure yet if this Jiu, or anyone else that tried to get close, cared enough.

Chaeryeong cared, which is exactly why she picked up the pace. One, she didn't want to be around the athletes. Not yet, anyway. And two, she and a certain someone had agreed to chat about earlier's events back in the cafeteria.

Lia wouldn't be stuck with the girls for long. Yuna and Jiu planned a visit for the park after tutoring. But she'd hear Lia's mouth for ditching, a price she was willing to pay.

Down the hall on her right, Chaeryeong burst through the double doors, headed straight toward the fields. Individual within sight, and earshot, she kept a good distance and yelled her name, waving her hand in the air.

"Hyunjin!"

The girl in question spun around to the familiar voice, accidentally whacking Mia with the end of her stick in the process."Yo! What the fuck?" Mia growled, rubbing her left bicep in the process.

"Ah, sorry, Mia. I didn't mean to." Hyunjin winced apologetically. "Take a few minutes to rest, I need to talk with her for a sec."

"Is it seriously more important than practice?"

"It'll be quick, just relax."

Though suspicious, Mia wandered off anyway. "Aye aye, Captain."

Hyunjin caught up to the Lee, who was hunched over, still catching her breath. "Chaeryeong, hey. Why are you panting?"

"Do you know how hard it was to leave Lia? I had to come up with so many excuses, and none of them worked, so I just ran away." She took one deep and final breath before resuming. "She didn't want to be left alone with them."

"She skipped practice for that? Jiu is acing her classes, what is she doing at tutoring?"

"Thanks for making her even more dubious."

"I'm just glad I'm not the only one that's skeptical about her."

Hyunjin motioned for them to sit a the closest bench. Chaeryeong thought about what to ask first, and she wanted to know why Hyunjin felt that way. "So what threw you off?"

"Earlier in class." Hyunjin stared off at the clouds. She wanted to trust her girlfriend, despite her blatantly lying earlier during lunch. "Heejin knows something, that much is clear. I just don't know what that something is." She tapped her heel against the ground, a nervous habit. "How about you?"

"Me?" Chaeryeong wasn't sure earlier, but since then, she's thought it through. She told the older what she sort of mentioned to Yeji and Ryujin that night on the phone. "I just felt like she's kind of sudden. I don't dislike her or anything, it's just a bad vibe. Yeji felt off about her too, which makes it more reasonable considering that makes three of us."

"Alright." Though she's known Jiu for quite some time, she was never very close to her. It was more of Heejin and Ryujin that talked whenever all four of them would hang out. "What about at lunch? Why the face?"

"Look at this."

Hyunjin leaned over and peered at the phone screen. "So she lost her phone... what's that got to do with anything?"

"Ryujin called Yeji several times yesterday."

"I'm kind of tired here, so my brain's not working. You're going to have to explain this, not hint at it."