Feelings (Pt.2)

"Let's talk."

"Talk?" Jiu wasn't sure what to expect.

"I'll help you."

"You're kidding?"

Silence.

"Okay... Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Hyunjin is bound to spill my secret to the rest of the group, nobody will trust me after this anymore." She disentangled the lumps in her throat and wiped away a few tears that tickled her cheek. "Hyunjin is choosing Ryujin over our relationship... I won't let mine get ruined too."

"How do I benefit?" Jiu crouched down in front of the other, head tilted as she spoke. Maybe she didn't believe Heejin would switch up so easily. Or... maybe she secretly wanted to talk Heejin out of it, get her to back down before she made it worse for herself.

"Even though she's angry, I hold a special place in her heart, don't I? Is that not useful?" The bunny was ready to abuse this situation, to take it all, and use it to her advantage.

"Maybe if you explained how, then I would consider it. For all I know you could just be acting."

"Or I'm not. Nobody else can convince Hyunjin to stay quiet and you know it."

Jiu rolled her eyes. Practice is over, but her day isn't. She had to fulfill her promise to Yuna and pay a visit. There was no time for this. "You'd involve her too? Potentially hurting her more in the process?"

"Are you one to judge? You're hurting Ryujin just to get her to be with you."

Wishing the conversation was over already, Jiu accepted the offer and left.

***     ***     ***

"I should avoid her... but am I even able to do that? She's using me, and I'm almost willing to allow it just to keep her." She sighed. "Or could she be telling the truth and lying to Jiu?"

Hyunjin was working on some homework, hoping the algebra would bore her to sleep or at least distract her mind from all that happened at school today. When she got home, she barely said a word to her family and headed straight for her room. Had she chose to lock her door earlier, she could've avoided an unwanted visitor. She watched as it crept open, firmly gripping her pencil.

Hyunjin forced herself to look away, focus back on her paper. "What are you doing here?"

Heejin softly shut the door. She leaned against the wall, keeping the distance for now. This argument was different from any they've had before. "Your parents let me in."

"They shouldn't have. It's getting late, you should go."

It was painful for Hyunjin not to show interest, especially when Heejin had gotten used to it. She loved the attention, specifically from Hyunjin. "I can't sleep knowing how mad you are at me."

"Sounds like a personal problem."

"Stop acting like you mean what you're saying. I know some part of you has to believe me."

"Right, and a bigger part of me doesn't. You can stop already. You exposed yourself."

"Just let me explain some more."

The lead of her pencil snapped, her patience along with it. Luckily her family was also home, which urged her to not cause a scene. "You don't deserve that."

"That's why I'm asking. I'll beg if I have to." By now she couldn't resist getting closer to her partner, so she wandered forward, step by step until she was behind the other. Though hesitant to touch her, she did it anyhow, placing both hands on the other's shoulders, who had her back facing her. She felt her lover's tense body relax at her touch. "Please, Aeong."