Chapter 41: Its time

Lisa POV

"I'm sorry for doing that to you this morning..." I said after I parked outside of our house. Jennie took my jacket off and the hickeys on her neck were still purple and reddish. I looked away from her neck and rested my forehead against the wheel feeling guilty.

Jennie patted my back which made me look up at her then she said, "It is what it is. Just don't do that again, especially when you're trying to prove your point or force me to cover myself up lili." I just nodded and got out of the car and sprinted to her car door to open it before she could.

When she stood on her feet in front of me, I whispered while staring at the ground, "I feel like an asshole. Can I have a hug?" The smaller girl blushed and pulled me in with her slender arms around my shoulders. My head buried itself in her neck and I smelled her sweet vanilla aroma. I pulled her in closer to me by pulling her thin waist towards mine.
During the hug, I felt like our bodies morphed and melted together. No one has ever had this effect one me.

Jennie and I got startled when we heard someone coughing to get our attention. When we faced the direction of the intruder, I wasn't surprised to see that it was the one and only Park Chaeyoung standing there with her taunting grin. It made me mad enough to chase her into the house and as I did, I heard Jennie's soft giggle in the back.

_____

"Your mom should be getting here in about 20 minutes, Lisa." Jisoo informed me while we were all watching tv.

Twenty minutes?! I'm going to meet the abuser in twenty minutes?! I started to breathe heavily and I excused myself to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Calm down Lisa... everything will be fine, I told myself as the iced water glided down my throat.

Buzz

My phone in my back pocket vibrated against my butt and I jumped. I facepalmed myself for turning red at the sensation. I reached for my phone and the name displayed was Solar. My eyebrows furrowed as to why she might be texting me around this time. I didn't respond to her text, we already texted enough today.

When I stepped into the living room, I saw Jennie's marks on her neck so I went to our room and retrieved her foundation and her beauty blender.

Is this girl crazy? She wants to meet my mother for the first time with her neck like that. I chuckled quietly to myself when I sat down next to her. Jennie got startled when I started patting the spots with her beauty blender. Her face went pink when she realized what I was doing.

"I forgot about those." Said Jennie while shyly putting her hair behind her ear.

_______

All blood rushed down to my feet when my door bell dinged. Everyone looked at me and I nodded my head to show that it was okay to open the door. It's time.. I took a deep breathe and I was the first to stand with weak knees. Rosé was going to open the door but I grabbed her wrist and gave her a I-got-it look and she bowed in return and stepped away.

I reached for the door handle with a shaky hand. I looked at Jennie and she smiled warmly at me and that gave me enough courage to open the door. My eyes widened and my face went pale when I saw the broken down woman in front of me. That's my mom? She looks so different, a bad different. She was wearing regular blue skinny jeans with an old t-shirt.

So skinny and fragile.

The silence around us was broken when chitthip called my name. Woah... I haven't heard her voice in so long, it brought back all the memories, the good ones and the bad ones.