Chapter 42

Ghosts Kisses and Whispers

(Y/n) anxiously fiddles with her fingers, waiting for the knock at her door. She was wearing a long-sleeved shirt with long pyjama pants. She hoped that Levi wouldn't leave her out in the cold. She patiently waits for him, her eyelids slowly dropping.

Knocking from her door jolts her awake and she scrams to open to the door, tripping over her own feet. She stumbles forward but regains her balance. She passes a hand through her hair before opening the door.

Levi gazes at her from her doorway. He walks into the room before someone could see him. She lets her eyes take in his figure, closing the door behind him. He wore a long-sleeved shirt with black sweats. He ruffles her hair before heading towards the bed, "I know I'm attractive, but you don't have to ogle me."

A smile forms on her face as she sits down next to him, "I remember that day."

"It feels like it was so long ago" Levi mumbles as he pulls back the comforter and blankets from the bed. He slips onto the right side of the bed and rests his back against the wall, "I'll take this side."

(Y/n) slips into the left side of the bed which was positioned against the corner of the room, "Why?"

"So I can protect you in case if a serial killer breaks into the room" he teases her and she blushes.

Levi opens up a book that he held in his hands and she sits up next to him. She rests her head on his shoulder as she reads the book with him. They didn't need to talk to know what they were thinking. Levi simply wanted to read before going to sleep and (Y/n) was happy to join him.

"I really hate that character" she mutters as she points at the name of the said character.

"Why?" he asks her.

"Because she's always running around screaming the guy's name. Like, come on! Man up and do something useful for once" she grumbles and he chuckles at her.

"You're right, but I feel like she could be redeemed later in the book" he reasons with her and she smiles.

"I hope the author does that," she says and they continue reading the book.

Levi hears a soft snore from his side and he turns to glance at (Y/n). She was snoring with her lips slightly parted, drool trickling down the corner of her lips. If it was anyone else, he would have furiously woken them up for drooling on his shirt.

He places the small pouch into the book and closes it. He sets it out on the nightstand. He wraps his arms around her body and slowly slides her further into the bed so her head was resting on the pillow. He pulls the covers up to her shoulders.

Levi then slides in next to her. He places his hand on the side of her head, softly playing with her head. She wrinkles her nose and mumbles something about 'tasty lemons' before snoring once more. He closes his eyes, letting exhaustion take over his body. He falls asleep peacefully, his hand still resting on her head as a reminder that he wasn't alone anymore.

Sunlight shines in through the large window. (Y/n) grumbles as she digs her face into someone's chest to shut out the light. Her eyes open when she realizes someone was sleeping beside her. She nudges her head to look up at the person.

Levi was resting his head on his right hand while his left hand was on her back. He smiles down at her and pinches her nose, "You're finally awake."

"Have you been awake for long?" (Y/n) asks and tries to bite his finger, but he moves it away from her.

"I only sleep three to four hours" he hums.

She frowns at him, "That's not good for you."

"Neither is punching glass," he retorts. She sticks her tongue at him. He ruffles her hair before sitting up, "Breakfast should be set soon so I should get going before someone realizes I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be."