Chapter 2

Burning Mistakes

Two years had passed since she was lured into that damn brothel. (Y/n) was 14-years old now and since that day she had gotten to know the rest of the community. She had found out that the arrogant man was named Miles and he was the owner of a flower shop near her home which is why they knew so much about her. 

Madame Ava is the owner of the brothel and she handles all the money, she was also the mastermind behind all the planning. Fredrik, or better known for his stage name, Tatiana, was a drag queen who used her talents as a way to get information out from their targets. Elma was the other woman who was there during the meeting, (Y/n) soon came to realize that she was non-verbal and deaf so she had to learn sign language to communicate with her.

At the agreement of their first meeting, (Y/n) started working for them and from what her brother told her, she found out that they were labeled as the Righteous Angels by the poor while they were labeled as thieves and murderers by the rich. "A menace to society" was the specific thing that the newspaper labeled them as. How ironic, she thought when she read the newspaper.

(Y/n) would go out at night when her brother went off to work and then would return before sunrise to sleep so her brother wouldn't question her disappearance. Her relationship with Caleb had grown and they were very close to each other. They would still train occasionally and would spend the afternoons playing with (c/n).

As for her demon abilities, (Y/n) had learned certain things about them. She found out that she was very agile and fast which was an indication of what kind of demon she was. The group had come to the conclusion that (Y/n) had ties to a wind spirit much like Elma, but they could never find out what her marking meant. Even though her family tree was unknown, they still continued with their plans. 

Training was also mandatory and Miles took on the responsibility to teach her. He had taught her how to slice the neck of an opponent so their death was quick and clean. He also taught her various acrobatic skills and she was soon known for her codename, Snake, for her impressive flexibility.

"Snake, there are two guards up ahead" Miles, or better known as his codename Raven, stated as they ran through the hallways of the manor.

"Aight" Snake stated, adjusting the mask that hid the lower part of her face. Before they rounded the corner, they both climbed up the wall using the lantern holders and stood on the high wooden beams. 

Snake made her way through the wooden beams so the guards wouldn't notice her. She positioned herself slightly behind the first guard. She took in a breath and dropped down on to the ground behind the guard.

With a dagger in hand, she slit the guard's throat, blood splattering all over the floor. The other guard turned to her, gun in hand, but before he could shoot she grabbed onto the barrel of his gun and pointed it upwards. She placed her right foot on the man's left knee and she pushed down on it making it snap backward. The man let out a yelp and before he could scream for help, Raven jumped down from the wooden beams and slit the man's throat.

"Nice" (Y/n) mumbled as some of the blood sprayed on her black, tight jumpsuit.

"Shut up and let's go" Raven replied, his brown eyes glaring at her.

"Sure thing boss," the (h/c) haired girl said mockingly.

They made their way through the double doors the guards were protecting and walked into the empty office. They began scanning the room, trying to find the place where the documents they were looking for were hiding. Raven searched through the desk while Snake searched through the large bookcase. 

"I can't find anything in the desk" Raven stated as he walked towards the girl who was still looking through the bookcase.

"It's not in the bookcase, where the fuck could it be?" Snake asked as she scanned the silent room. Her (e/c) eyes landed on a reflection of herself. A large mirror was placed horizontally, facing the bookcase, its gold borders glowing in the moonlight, "Jackpot."