Chapter 18

I Love You

Loud footsteps and screaming awoke (Y/n). Eren was yelling something, but she couldn't comprehend since she was still coming to consciousness. She realized that she had passed out from the over usage of her powers and her emotions. (Y/n) glances behind her, the female titan is hot on their trail, killing the support team.

"Keep your head forward" Levi orders and (Y/n) looks forward, her heart pounding fast in her chest.

"Levi," (Y/n) calmly states, "I can take care of her, just let me-"

"No, you just woke up" Levi scolds, "We don't know the state of your powers right now. This goes for you too, Eren."

(Y/n) wraps her arms tighter around Eren and looks over at Eld. He was already watching her, his eyes showing how terrified he was. (Y/n) gives him a reassuring smile, holding back the anxiety. The stench of death was becoming stronger and she felt sick.

The female titan breaks through the trees, jumping over them and sliding across the forest floor. (Y/n) grips onto Eren harder, her teeth gritting.

"Captain! Let's switch to ODM gear!" Petra screams frantically, "Reinforcements are at the rear!"

The reinforcement flies by the female titan, but she squishes them into the trees. (Y/n) covers her nose from the stench becoming stronger. She places a hand on her hood, (c/n) was still in there surprisingly. 

"(Y/n), don't tell me you brought your damn cat to the expedition?" Eld speaks up.

"Be nicer to her!" (Y/n) grumbles at him and adjusts the cat, "Plus we have bigger pressing matters on our hands right now."

"Captain!" Petra's high pitched voice breaks through the forest.

"Let's take it out! It's dangerous" Oluo nervously screams as his hand goes down to his sword.

"I'll cut it to shreds!" Eld exclaims as he pulls out his blade. (Y/n) clicks her tongue in annoyance. They weren't understanding the dilemma they were in. All they could do was continue riding on their horses until the female titan slowed down. Everyone continues screaming out Levi's name.

Levi glances back, making eye contact with (Y/n), his gorgeous black hair flowing through the wind, "Everyone, cover your ears."

(Y/n) brings her hands up to cover her ears. Levi brings up a gun and shoots an acoustic shell. (Y/n) uncovers her ears and realizes that Levi was warning someone, or perhaps Erwin. This was all laid out by Erwin which is why he asked me to go to the right-wing.

She bites down on her lip, holding back from screaming at Levi for being a fool to follow Erwin's orders. The short man glances back at Eren, "Tell me what your job is? Is it simply to lose control of your emotions? No, it's not. This squad's job is to keep this brat safe until our last breath. We'll continue on horseback."

"Yes sir!" Petra agrees, her eyes glued onto his small figure. (Y/n) swallows down the lump in her throat and brings her lips to Eren's ear so only he will hear.

"Eren, if shit hits the fan, then I'm shadow travelling us two out of here" (Y/n) whispers sternly so he doesn't protest, "I won't let you die before me especially when I don't want to face Mikasa's wrath."

Eren nods his head. He felt dizzy at the thought of leaving behind the squad, but it wasn't up to discussion. (Y/n) would do it even if he didn't comply, that was the kind of friend she was. The sturdy rock that kept everyone together, that sacrificed herself for others. He gazes at the female titan who was still killing his comrades.