“Oh,” Hunter said. “What about Venus?”

                The eight magicians all turned to look at Venus. She was half-asleep, leaning against the cave entrance. Troy winced as the girls moved him around to look at the half-an-half monster.

                “Do you think that wherever we’re going will allow a half-an-half?” Kayla asked Luna.

                “I think so,” Luna said, tentatively.

                “Okay, then, we can ride Venus and Troy can shadow-travel,” Tamarak said. “Right?”

                It took them almost thirty minutes to gather all their stuff together. A collection of swords, spears, daggers, bows and arrows were slung within reach of the magicians. Their staffs were hung from their belts.

                Troy was still feeling quite unwell. Cedric and Hunter were also feeling drunk, due to the fact of their severe intake the previous evening.

                The four girls helped the three weak, unwell boys onto Venus. Tamarak pulled the boys up carefully while the girls pushed. Then the girls mounted Venus as well.

                Troy sat in front so that his arms were free to drink the potion. Slipping her arms around his waist, Dahlia sat behind him. Cedric sat behind her, Hunter behind him, and then Luna, Kayla, Sapphire and Tamarak.

                “Ready?” Dahlia whispered in his ear.

                “Yeah,” Troy muttered; his throat was dry and scratchy.

                “We’re ready, Troy,” Luna called from the back.

           Troy took the vial from Dahlia rather nervously. He stared at the blue potion. Helen had assured him that the potion wasn’t poison but what it if was indeed poison?

                Would he be dead before he could draw another breath?

                “Are you okay?” Dahlia asked in his ear.

                “Um… yeah,” Troy stammered.

                “You’re hyperventilating,” Dahlia muttered.

                “I am not!”

                “You’re nervous, at any rate,” Dahlia continued.

               Troy swivelled around to tell her that he wasn’t, but his words stuck in his throat. He cleared it nervously.

                “Well, maybe I am. A little,” he admitted.

                “What’s with the hold-up?” Kayla demanded. “Quit your romance and get on with it!”

             Troy and Dahlia blushed furiously. He stared at the vial. Then, before he could lose his nerve, he uncorked the vial, dropping the cork. Taking a deep breath, Troy lifted the potion to his lips and drained the entire contents of the vial.

                He grunted as the potion hit his system but he managed to keep his consciousness. All the same, he lost hold of Venus and almost fell to the ground.

                “Troy!” Dahlia shouted; only through her grip on his waist did he not fall completely.

                “Are you alright?” Kayla yelled from the back.

                “What happened to him?” Sapphire demanded.

                “Is he poisoned or something?” Cedric snapped.

                “Shut up, all of you!” Dahlia screeched, pulling him back up. “Troy, how are you feeling?”

           Troy moaned slightly, nursing his stomach. The potion was bubbling at his insides, reminding him of hot wax that made his belly feel inflamed.

                He felt Dahlia’s arms around him, and the thought of that almost made him hyperventilate more. Shivering, he forced his eyes open.

                “Are you still not feeling well?” Dahlia asked, gently. “Can you still-”

          She was cut off as Troy focused on Venus’s shadow. Then, they all vanished into cold shadows, with half of them shrieking in terror.