Chapter 2

And here is the second chapter. I'm sorry if you had to wait long for this chapter but here it is! I'm dedicating this to one of my loyal readers, like I promised. ;) And please comment for this chapter and vote! :) The picture on the side is of Dahlia McLean. What she's wearing and stuff is as close as I could get to what I wanted her to look like when she was dying. Sort of like that she's a ghost, or going to become a ghost.

Chapter 2

                Troy stumbled out of a shadow. He had no idea where he was and even if he did, it would not have helped him in any way. Glancing around, his eyes caught sight of the Big Ben.

                But that’s in London! He thought. That’s impossible!

                Troy saw a television reporter talking to a video camera which was transmitting live to the televisions in the area. He scooted closer to listen, wondering what was up.

                There was quite a large crowd around the reporter and Troy had to push and shove his way to get closer. Not one of the pedestrians wanted to give way to him, so he had to be mean and push.

                “Apparently a helicopter lost control and altitude. It collided with the Big Ben. According to some witnesses, they saw a group of teenagers standing nearby. We believe that they might have been crushed by the rubble. At this very moment, Steven Roberts is going through the wreckage, trying to see if there are any victims still alive.”

                Troy stared at the reporter in shock. How could any mortal even think that Dracklon, the worst half-and-half in the world, was a helicopter?

                Now the reporter was speaking to a witness, a young female blonde girl that reminded Troy a little of Dahlia.

                “I saw a… a crazy stunt guy committing suicide and jumping out of the helicopter!” the girl stammered. “I remember seeing him hit the ground with a smack!”

                “Well, there we have it, my watchers!” the reporter said. “A guy committed suicide and also made the Big Ben look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. At this rate, I think we might have had a suicidal terrorist attack the clock tower…”

                Troy rubbed his forehead in shock. Now the mortals also thought that Cosmo had tried to kill himself and died instead of flying? It was all very confusing.

                Troy turned to go and accidentally caught the eye of the blonde girl who was the witness.

                “There! That’s one of the victims who were supposed to have been crushed by the rubble!” she shouted. “He’s right there!”

                Troy turned on his heel and fled. Several policemen gave chase but they gave up when Troy drew his sword and they saw him properly. He must have looked very scary.

                A thirteen-year-old guy with sand all over a pair of red Egyptian clothes and a black cloak, running with a sword and staff strapped to his back. Pretty scary.

                Troy continued running, trying to find a place where the rest of the mortals weren’t. But humans seemed to be everywhere. It was most aggravating.

                Troy checked his watch. He was most alarmed to find out the nearly one of his precious ten hours had passed. He turned to the left, trying to find a deserted alleyway where he could shadow-travel to Paris.