Chapter 18

And here is the next chapter! I hope that you all like it and I'm sorry if I haven't dedicated a chapter to you, my loyal readers, yet. I really hope that you enjoy it and thanks for commenting and voting so far! :D The picture on the side is of Luna. :)

Chapter 18

                Troy took a deep breath. He pressed his lips together, wondering how in the world he was going to convince her that her father was evil. Unfortunately, he didn’t have the gift of charm and charisma, the way that she did.

                “It must have been a mistake,” Dahlia said. “I’ll call him and figure things out.”

                She fished for her cell phone in her pocket but Troy grabbed her wrist before she could fully pull it out. She glared at him as she almost dropped her phone.

                “Don’t!” he said, sharply.

                “What makes you think that my father is evil?” Dahlia demanded. “It was dark. It is entirely plausible that you just mistook the man for my father.”

                “He told us that he’s your father, Dahlia,” Troy snapped.

                “So?” Dahlia demanded. “He might be another magician who has the ability to take on the form of another magician!”

                “Well, he had the ability to stop us from using our powers!” Troy retorted.

                “How do you know that?” Dahlia said. “You might just have been unable to use them because you aren’t very experienced.”

                Troy glanced up at the others on the half-an-half’s back. None of them were talking anymore, just listening to their conversation.

                Dahlia noticed them too. She twisted around to glare at them too. They stared back unflinching, determined not to be twisted around by her powers.

                “Well?” Dahlia repeated. “It is possible, isn’t it?”

                Kayla cleared her throat. “Theoretically, it is possible, but I don’t think that any of us would be capable of making those kinds of mistakes whilst we do our magic. We have all been training for a long time. Even Sapphire and Tamarak have been training for about six years. Troy is possible of making those mistakes but I don’t think that it is a fluke.”

                “But it is possible,” Dahlia said.

                “Theoretically,” Kayla said. “But the odds of none of our powers working at the same time are very unlikely.”

                “What if it were the place that made our powers unable to work?” Dahlia asked.

                “That’s not possible,” Sapphire said. “Tam and I stayed there before and our powers always worked. Besides, we changed location and none of our powers worked there either.”

                Dahlia took a deep breath. Then she looked away from the other magicians, looking over the area. Unfortunately, it was dark and she couldn’t see much of what was happening all around the place.

                “Dahlia, your father is evil,” Troy continued. “I just wish that you would believe me.”

                “He isn’t evil, Troy!” Dahlia snapped. “Don’t you dare say such mean things!”