Chapter 39

So, I am updating this chapter for Christmas, because it is very unlikely that I will be online in the next few days. I hope that you guys like it, and the picture on the side is of Dahlia and Troy again. If you are sick of seeing them, please tell me! :P Please comment and stuff as usual! :)

Chapter 39

                The next few hours passed in a sort of blur. People were clapping Troy on the back, complimenting him on his fighting skills. They were all impressed that a mere thirteen-year old boy could defeat Tristan who was eighteen.

                Arulan finally managed to bring Troy and Dahlia outside the training arena. Reluctantly, the trainees had returned to their fighting classes.

                “Wow, who would have thought that they would have been so enthusiastic about a simple fight!” Troy said, laughing as he pulled a sweatshirt that a boy had given him over his head.

                Dahlia laughed too, brushing back her blonde curls. She seemed a lot more relaxed, Troy noted. Her face was happy and her eyes lit up when people spoke to her. All the exhaustion from the past weeks’ worth of fighting had gone.

                “They seem like normal teenagers,” Dahlia continued, sounding surprised. “Most of the magicians that we’ve met are different. Like Kayla seems set in a different time zone and Luna is so mature although she’s six.”

                “Not to mention me,” Arulan said, reminding them of his presence. “Kayla is different because she’s immortal and the length of the time she’s lived has changed around her.”

                “She’s different from others,” Troy agreed. “But most of the trainees seem relatively normal.”

                Arulan nodded. “Generally, they are like normal teenagers. It’s just the magic that makes us different from normal humans.”

                Dahlia laughed again, and Troy was pleased to hear her laugh. She needed relaxation and the change would be good for her.

                Arulan spoke again. “I have some classes to teach. And so does Rachel. I’ve assigned you a new guide. She will show you around the rest of the Elemental Academy. When you hear the dinner gong, she will show you to the dinner hall.”

                “Okay,” Troy said and Dahlia nodded in agreement. “Who is she?” he continued. “Do we know her? Have we met-?”

                A girl approached them. She had short brown hair tied back in a bandanna. Black combat clothes adorned her thin figure and a dagger hung at her hip.

                “Hi,” she said. “I’m-”

                “Sam?” Dahlia said in surprise.

                The girl flushed red. “Um… actually, that was a pseudonym. I’m Marina.”

                Dahlia suddenly looked mad. “You lied to me! Why? You knew I am a magician and you didn’t tell me?”

                “I’m your protector,” Marina explained. “Like Olive and Ella were for Troy and Helen. I couldn’t tell you. I just had to watch you from harm.”

                Troy frowned. “Where did you see her before?”

                “At Camp Forrest,” Dahlia explained. “She was one of my cabin mates.”