Chapter 25

Alright, alright, I decided not to be mean and keep you guys in suspense any longer. So, I hope that you enjoy this chapter and that it answers some of your questions! :) Well, there's a picture of Luna on the side. :) Enjoy, all my loyal readers! :D

Chapter 25

                It didn’t take them long to find a place to stay for the night. Thanks to Luna’s diviner powers, they soon found a cave near a river in the forest.

                “Great,” Dahlia said. “Now what do we do with these guys?”

                She pointed at Cedric, Hunter, Tamarak, Sapphire and Kayla, all of whom were very drunk and unconscious due to their alcohol intake.

                Dahlia glanced at Troy and was very startled when he turned aside, pointedly ignoring her gaze. He still didn’t want to talk to her, especially after seeing her and Cedric kissing. Instead, Troy turned to look at Luna.

                “Uh... we could pull them into the cave,” Luna suggested.

                Troy studied her face carefully and was surprised that, for once, that he was able to decipher what emotion she was feeling.

                Guilt.

                But for what, Troy was not sure. She caught his eye, and, flushing slightly, she turned away from him and reached for Sapphire.

                Slowly, Troy, Dahlia and Luna pulled Sapphire and Cedric into the cave. Then they tugged Tamarak and Hunter inside as well. Kayla regained consciousness enough to be sick and then stumble weakly into the cave.

                “Well... two of us should take watch first,” Dahlia said, awkwardly. “I mean there are so many of us that we would be much safer this way.”

                “Okay,” Luna said quickly.

                Troy looked at her, surprised. Luna had never shown much tendency for romance, unlike Cedric who had enjoyed teasing himself and Dahlia.

                In fact, Luna had found a solution to her guilt. If Troy and Dahlia talked together and made up their quarrel, it could hardly be her fault.

                “I’ll take some rest first,” she offered. “Let you two have some quality time together.”

                Troy caught the grin on her face as she quickly ducked into the cave. What she left behind was silence. Neither Troy nor Dahlia wanted to talk.

                They sat down at the river bank. Both of them drew their weapons and rested them in their laps. They sat in silence.

                More than half-and-hour had passed, before either of them decided to talk about anything at all. Finally, Troy broke the ice.

                “Thank you for saving my life,” he said, stiffly. “You reversed the tide of the water. Thank you.”

                Dahlia smiled. “No problem,” she said. “You’ve saved my life heaps of times too.”

                She reached out to squeeze his hand, a friendly gesture they often shared, but Troy moved his hand out of the way. Dahlia stared at him, her feelings obviously hurt.

                “What’s wrong?” she asked. “You’ve been in a foul mood since... since...”

                “The pub,” Troy said, flatly.