C15- Unsupportive (Part 2)

3rd Person POV

The sweet aroma of breakfast woke up the brunette, slowly sitting up on the bed with her eyes still closed, and stretched her arms above her head, yawning a bit. She looked beside her and saw her fiancé, still in his sleep. His bare back was faced to her and his arms were above his head, a calm look was set on his face.

Kirstin shifted in her position to move closer to the baritone, placing her head atop of her pillow right next to his. She analyzed his features, something that she does often, and lightly placed a hand on his cheek, gently caressing it. Scott quietly mumbled in response, his eyes slowly fluttering open and a smile now appearing on his lips, "Hi."

He placed his hand on top of hers as she gave him a small grin, the bright morning light glimmering in her eyes, "Good morning." Kirstin chuckled as he traced his hand over her white over-sized shirt, from the side of her ribs and down to her hip. Scott pulled her closer and placed a small kiss on her forehead, making her smile even brighter.

Kirstin looked up at him and gently cupped his cheek once more. Scott moved, an elbow supporting half his body as he towered over her. He tilted his head and leaned in closer for a kiss, her arm slowly wrapping around his neck. Suddenly, the two heard knocks from the door, their heads then shot towards it.

With a click, the door opened and revealed a young brunette, with strands of blonde highlights in her hair and a shy but enthusiastic smile forming on her lips. Kirstin then realized that it was only her 18 year-old step-sister, quickly snatching the white sheets and covering her lower bottom, knowing that she was only wearing her underwear underneath them.

"H-hey, G-graycie!" She stammered, a light blush coloring on her cheeks as her sister stepped forward and sat on top of their messy and crumpled bed. "Hey," Graycie smiled at her her and glanced towards Scott, who had the same shy grin on his face and since it was the first time they saw each other, it was quite awkward for the two to communicate well.

"I'm going to, um, change first." He quickly said and sprinted towards the bathroom, grabbing his shirt from the nightstand beside their bed. As the door shut close, Graycie turned towards her sister and whispered, "That was Scott?" Kirstin snickered and looked back at the shut door, smiling as she said, "Yeah."

Kirstin turned back to her sister and tilted her head, "What are you doing here anyways?" Graycie lowered her head and tucked a strand of her brown hair to her right ear, "Well, um, dad said breakfast was ready," she looked up at Kirstin, "But I wanted to see you guys so I came in here."

"Well, I need to change first." Kirstin smiled sheepishly at her, slightly embarrassed that she had to see her in her underwear. Her sister got the message and nodded, standing up and walking out into the hall before locking the door for privacy. Kirstin shot her head to the sound of another door opening, then smiling after she saw Scott finally wearing a shirt and a small smile.

***

Scott and Kirstin stepped down the dangerously steep flight of stairs together, their hands linked to each other's and their fake smiles covering their anxious and negative thoughts, still shaken from the confrontation of the previous night. Scott tightened his grip on her hand as they finally reached the last step and entered the kitchen, where the mouth-watering smell was coming from.

Kirstin silently sat down on the chair that she pulled for herself, barely making any noise, and nervously watching her father turn around with a plate of steaming pancakes gripped tight in his hand, not giving the least bit of attention to the two. Instead of starting small talk with her father, Kirstin nonchalantly cleared her throat and lowered her head, running a hand through her vaguely brushed hair.