Chapter 5 - Girls Night Out

Kendall's POV :
I arrive at Maddie's back door and sneak in with flowers and chocolates. "Kendall? Is that you?" Melissa says from across the room. "Hi Mrs.Ziegler. I'm here to see Maddie." I blush and jog upstairs. "KK I'm not really in the mood to talk." Maddie suddenly appears on the staircase, probably suspecting I was here. "Madds, I can help you cheer up." I try. "Bye Kendall." Maddie points at the door with one finger and does a little wave with the other hand. "Come on! Let's go to the movies!" Maddie snorts. "Yeah like Alyssa & Josh aren't planning the same thing." I try to think of more ways to persuade Maddie to get out of the house to forget about everything. "Maybe we could hit the mall?" Mackenzie calls from upstairs. "Yes! Great idea Kenz!" We stare at Maddie for her approval. "Okay fine." She rolls her eyes and goes upstairs to get ready. I give Kenzie a thumbs up and plop on the couch to wait.
Maddie's POV :
Doubting Kendall and Kenzie's idea, I still trudge up the stairs and grab some old ripped jeans and a Pink™ sweatshirt for a comfortable wear. Then I go in to the bathroom and put light makeup on and tie my hair into a messy bun. Though I go heavy on the eyeliner and mascara for drama. "ALMOST DONE!" I yell. Rushing, I grab my phone and stuff a couple of dollars in my pocket. Kenzie is sitting by her mirror and applying lip gloss over and over and over again. "I'm ready!" Kenzie looks up from her marshmallow flavored lip gloss and picks up her bag. "How about you girls take a taxi. I have other things I need to be doing." Mom says from her phone call. Kendall rummages through her purse and pulls out a phone and her debit card and I see Kenzie smirk from behind me. She loves getting the opportunity to do thing without adults. We step into the living room as Kendall makes the call. "Hello? Yes. One taxi for 2075 Elmer Ave Pittsburg, Pennsylvania 20315."