Chapter 2 - The Comforting

Kendall's POV :
The cool crisp air of June makes the car hot and humid -especially in my velvet skirt. My Mom drops me off at Maddie's, but of course, our moms have to chat. "Jill!" Maddie's mom exclaims "I haven't seen you in so long!" They hit it off on the porch and I run up to Maddie's room. Mackenzie's using her hair brush to sing her latest single. "Hey Kenz." I chirp. Before she could reply I close the door and greet Maddie. "Hey." I sigh. She's in her footie pajamas, watching Twilight on her TV. Her eyes are still red from the crying and there are dozens of leftover tissues on the ground plus the empty box. Without a word she grabs the carton and I hand her a spoon. Next thing you know, we're both lying on the carpet, staring at the TV screen. We finished the entire carton of ice cream -and box of tissues before 8:00. Maddie seemed less upset at least. When the credits pulled over, I decided to make a move. "You want to talk about it?" I ask. "Maybe." She mumbles. I can tell by her voice that her nose is still stuffy. We sit in silence for a few minutes, then she finally lets it out. "KENDALL HOW COULD HE!!" She bursts into what seemed like never ending tears as I tried my hardest to calm her. "Hey there, hey there." I soothed. "How can he like Alyssa?" She sobs into her pillow. "He doesn't! I know he has feeling for you." But Maddie doesn't listen, she just keeps sobbing.