Chapter 4 - Hate Mail

Maddie's POV
Mom walks back into the house with an entire trash bag of fan mail. "You've got work to do Maddie." She smiles at me. She comes back with another bag for Kenzie. I run up to my room with the fat trash bag and open a random one.

Dear Maddie,
Do you know how much YOU SUCK? I mean, you're obviously the worst one on the team. Abby just favorites you because she feels bad for you. Everyone does. No wonder you always get first. Besides, you're dead rat ugly too. Why not try being homeschooled? What a loser with NO normal social life. Pfft. Chloe hates you too. And Kendall. And everyone else on the team. Wake up stinker. Realize. I hope you have the worst rest of your life ever.
Sincerely,
Your Hater

I couldn't feel my fingers. My whole body was numb. Was that how everyone felt? I slam the door shut and sob into my pillow as I did just a few weeks ago. When I got the courage to get onto my phone, I check Josh's Facebook page. I see Alyssa's stupid face plastered on every single post. Scrolling down, I realize he deleted every single photo he had with me. Raging mad, I throw my phone against the wall and scream harshly into my pillow. I can't even think straight right now.
Kendall's POV :
Uh oh. Maddie logged onto Facebook and logged out a minute later. This is NOT good. I have a feeling she saw Josh's page. I pace my room to think of a way to cheer her up. Then I open the door o my room and lean over the stairway. "Hey Mom, can I invite Maddie to the movies?" I ask. "Well sure sweetie! Why don't you give her a call." I dash downstairs and grab the phone from the charger and rush back up to my room again. I dial in Maddie's number and wait. "What do you want." I can hear her voice is stuffy. She must have been crying. "Hey Madds! I was wondering if you wanted to come to the movies with me this afternoon." She hangs up and my heart sinks. She must really be torn.