Chapter 3 - The Aftermath

Maddie's POV :
At Lakeview Mall, Kendall and I slip on our sunglasses and walk into the parking lot. Mom was inside, ready to drive us home. On our wrists were tons of shopping bags. Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Brandy Melville, you name it. Mom opened the trunk and we stuffed our things inside. Kendall slurps rather loudly on her drink. "Aw man! I'm out! Maddie, can you come with me to get a refill?" She pleads. Mom gives a nod of approval and we trot back into the mall. We were two weeks into summer break and no sign of Josh. But the strangest sight had occurred upon my eyes. The large oak tree by the Lakeview Mall had two un-welcomed visitors standing by. Josh and Alyssa. They were kissing under the cool shade and giggling as they go. I didn't mention anything to Kendall, because I didn't want to get her upset too. "Mads? You're awfully quiet." "I'm fine." I mutter. We arrive back at the food court and get our smoothies refilled. I can't stop thinking about Alyssa and Josh, the "unbreakable" couple, and how badly I want Josh.
Kendall's POV :
Back at home, Ryleigh bugs me about Maddie. "Hey how's the girl doing?" "Fine Ry! She's my friend! You don't need to worry about her." "Kendall, please talk to your sister in a kinder tone." Mom chides. I run up to my room, where my laptop is, and I search. On Josh's Facebook page, his relationship status is officially ❤️. While poor Maddie has 💔. Alyssa's profile picture is her and Josh. How despicable. On Josh's page, he'd deleted all of his pictures with Maddie. How rude! Whatever I do, I CANNOT let Maddie see this.