"There once was a 10 year old boy," His eyes not present, they were now in a state of oblivion.

"His eyes glimmered at the sight of his parents," He spoke to the classroom, not giving away a trace of how he felt.

I looked at him attentively, I wanted to decipher the meaning left behind.

Michaels words always insinuated something else, something more profound, something raw.

It was Michael after all..

"Their love infected him, as his did them. His mother took care of him day and night and his father, despite being hard-working, had never made them feel his absence,"

"One day, this boys life was shattered. All he could remember was waking up infront of a house burning up in flames. It was a turning point in his life. In that moment, his world turned into ashes, his only source of love, the unconditional one, burnt along with it,"

Everyone, including me, hung onto every word he said. Despite the void  plastered on his face, the story he had chosen was too emotive.

He remained unmoving, and I,
I kept a firm hand on my beating heart ushering it to not skip to any conclusions.

"He became an orphan," Michaels eyes landed on me.

My heart stopped, it just stopped beating.

"From foster care to foster care this boy had become relentless. He ran away, refusing to replace his parents. He lived on the streets,with an empty stomach and empty pockets, life taught him a lot. Whilst the police searched for him, he made due with what he had, which consisted of stealing food, and finding shelter,"

My eyes became watery, but my hearing senses didn't falter.

"This boy, eventually became a man. In a twisted way, destiny forced him to live with an old kind lady, she invested in his studies, in his mind, his heart, his soul. This man became a man not only because of what he had been through, but also because of the kind old lady that had believed in him,"

He had one hand tucked in his pants, his arm rested on the wall right next to the window. I watched as his eyes follow the birds circling around the tree.

I put him in this position, all because of my impulsive actions, my doubtful words.

"The old lady passed away, and he had no reason to stay, she left him a fortune. He felt lost, but at the same time grateful, that she had resurrected life in him, but she had been the only one he had shown his love to... until she came along,"

He paused for a second, and I heard one girl call out, "Who came along?" She asked curiously, reiterating the exact same words I had in mind.

"The man met her during his time in university. She saw him, and wanted him. He eventually fell in love with the idea of her. She painted a perfect picture. She gave birth to his beautiful baby girl. This blinded him even more,"

All the pieces and the gaps in my mind were falling into place.

I looked at him, with a newfound feeling. Compassion.

"Everyone has a story to tell. I want you to voice your story through language and use imagery and emotive techniques to target and captivate certain types of audiences. Write a 200 word reflection on who your targeting and why you chose to use imagery for this specific time in your life.. Your session is coming to an end, you can pack up and leave," Michael stated, nonchalantly.

"What?!!"

"You didn't finish the story!"

"What happened to that man?"

"Is this a true story?"

He peered at the watch, his legs moving, moving there way to the end of the classroom.

To me.

"Yes it is.. he withdrew himself from everything toxic in his life, especially after he misinterpreted the love he had for her,"

"Wait so he left her and his daughter, what a douche,"
One girl spat.

If only you knew who you were referring to

I gradually tilted my head to study his expression, when our eyes connected I was caught off guard,  he had been looking at me. So I turned my head back to the front just as quick, my heart skipping with it.

"No. He left her, took his daughter. Built a life of his own. It was peaceful, but lonely. Empty," He sighed.

"When life wears you out, your heart, it doesn't beat regularly anymore..

But he found her. He found the light at the end of the tunnel. She wasn't an illusion like the last one, it had been illuminating..

and his walls, they just came crashing down,"

-

This is NOT the last chapter. I JUST couldn't bring myself to end it in a rush. You guys deserve more. It is coming to an end YES,

BUT

Michael and Aster deserve MORE quality time together, what do you think?

Vote, comment! Share your ideas with me :)♥️