Chapter 44

"How did I see passed it?" Ben stuttered. He gazed at me like his favourite item just shattered into pieces.

"I knew something wasn't right... I'm so sorry Aster. I'm so sorry I wasn't a friend when I needed to be. I'm so sorry I didn't let my suspicions get the best of me, and pry it out of you," Stella exclaimed, looking like she was defeated. I know she felt defeated.

Tears streamed down my face. But the feeling of sadness and guilt quickly transitioned into one of anger. I glared at both Michael and Mason.

"How dare you get them involved? How dare you tell them?" I said, with gritted teeth.

Michael didn't falter, he just stood there taking in whatever I was giving them. He was expecting this. Mason however seemed reluctant, and the guilty look in his eyes didn't go unnoticed.

"I'm glad they did," Ben said firmly, deadpanning me with just one look.

Michael held my hand and took me straight to the restroom. I didn't argue or hold back. I was in a trance. I was in a bad place. I felt vulnerable and exposed.

He held me up and sat me on the sink like I weighed nothing. His fingers slipped down my shirt. He started circling my skin with his thumb, a not-so-failed attempt to soothe me.

Our eyes connected, and my heart beat started to calm a notch.

"We have a plan Aster... just hear us out," He sighed, inching closer. His lips lingered on my nose. I inhaled and exhaled, feeling the desire erupt.

"I want you Aster. I want you to be mine. I want you to be my partner. My life partner," His lips brushed my skin with every word he verbalised.

I looked at him strangely, "Are you proposing Michael?" I said, confused. Even though I was young, I felt like a woman. I felt like his equal.

"Depends. Would your answer be yes? Would you be the mother of my child? Will you infect her with your kind heart, like you have mine," He whispered.

Everything that just happened earlier vanished into thin air.

"I love every bit of you," He sighed, moving closer to my lips. "I love you to bits," He murmured on the corner of my lips.

Butterflies.

"Are you real..." I whispered, pecking his lips. I placed soft kisses around his chin, entangling my hands inside his hair.

He groaned and held my waist closer to his. I could feel every part of him. We completed each other.

A knock on the door was all it took for Michael to jump away to the other side.

"Aster? Are you ok?" Stella's voice filled the air with worry.

"I'm fine," Michael was breathing erratically. I didn't feel my heart anymore, it was with him.

We gazed into each other like our life depended on it.

"I love you," I whispered.

I bounced off the table sink and walked out.

I was met with Stella's arms wrapped around me. My  love for her deepened. Ben removed Stella's arms and took her place. This was the first time Ben showed any affection let alone touched me this fondly.

"You're ok," He said. My sobs were muffled, as I cried all the tears I had left inside of me.

"Can we run over the plan with you Aster?" Mason's frustrated voice came out. It felt like he needed this to happen, He needed to redeem himself.

Michael came out of the restroom more composed. We all made ourselves comfortable on the sofa. Mason stood there with a serious front ready to tell me the plan that's going to change my life.

It's short, but just to give you a gist of where this is going. It's been a while since I updated this book!

x