Chapter 20: Others on the run

Start from the beginning

"Alright let's get the hell outta here." She said.

I put my mask back on.

"Alright, follow me."

{Time skip...sneaking to garage}

It took some time to get to the garage. Thankfully, everyone was asleep. There were only a few guards wandering around, but it has been too long already. We needed to get out of here before someone realizes we are not in our rooms.

Just as expected, no one was here and it was 12:05 sharp. More than enough time. There were several cars in the garage. Compact cars, trucks, SUVs.

"Let's take this one.'' I said, choosing a Jeep. I began to pry the door open.

"Get it started, I'll be right back." Said Crownslayer.

"What are you going to do, we need to go!"

"It's important! just get the car running." She left.

"Kanna! Damnit you're going to get us caught." I opened the door and started opened the space under the steering wheel. I looked in looking for the right wires. one red...good and I looked around for the blue... I found it and twisted both of them together and the car started loudly, making me wince at the noise....someone would definately hear it. Crownslayer came running back in and yanked the door open and Jumped in.

'Cmon! go!"

"What did you do?!"

"GO! ill explain later! someone is--"

She was interrupted by a loud roar of a machiene gun. someone found out and was spraying bullets everywhere instead of aiming properly. I jumped in and a bulled hit my calf as I did

"OW! Shit!"

"Are you okay?!?!"

"That was my left leg! I can Still drive!"

The alarm went off and the rear window exploded as bullets tore into the jeep.

"C'Mon Misha! Smash it!!!!"

I floored accelerator and the jeep launched forward and Rammed the main door open. People were already outside and Opened fire on us. Crownslayer ducked her head under the dash. The main gates were up ahead and I headed that way, running over the line of Reunion members on my way.

"No going back now.." I muttered. More troops poured out of the warehouse and sprayed the jeep with bullets. I ducked my head down, barely able to see where I was going. The sound of gunfire and metal piercing metal filled my ears, bullets zipped overhead. I felt another bullet bite my hip and I winced at the sudden pain. Crownslayer took one to the Wrist

"Nnngh! Ow! this jeep ain't gonna take any more hits!''

I turned the wheel sharply and the wheels caught it's grip on the asphalt.

Crownslayer pulled out a remote.

"Good thing I found W's old stash!" she hit the red button and the garage erupted in a mini mushroom cloud of fire. The entire warehouse shuddered from the shockwave. I rammed the gate and sped up ahead into the night. we poked our heads up again and slightly relaxed. 

"Damn...we actually did it!" Said Crownslayer. she gave me a fist bump I focused on the road ahead. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"One of W's Uranium bombs, I snooped around her room after Big Bob shot her to death out in the desert...what a fuckin' prick...that was my friend right there..."

We continued down the road, I swerved off into a dirt road, Knowing that it would take us to the Countryside.

"Are you okay?" I asked, as Crownslayer ripped off her sleeves to use as bandages.

"I'm fine...bullets went through and you?"

"Yes... same thing..." I said. the adrenaline wore off and I groaned from the pain that erupted in my leg and hip.

"Really? you don't sound too good. you want me to drive?"

"It's okay..." I said. I focused on the road. Crownslayer looked up ahead.

"Sooo....What now?"

I considered it.

"I don't know...I think I burnt my bridges with Doctor Kazuma and Amiya." I said. of course, Rhodes Island was the first place that came o mind, only because they once protected me.

"Ya' think? they might shoot us on sight...especially me."

"yeah....Victoria?"

"Too many gangsters..."

"Okay....Kazimierz?"

"I got warrants there."

"how about...."

"Don't say the arctic regions. it may be safe there but I can't stand the cold..."

'We could try..." I didn't have to finish my sentence. Crownslayer knew who I  meant.

"Alright...We can try. I'm wearing a bullet vest though. I'm not tryin' to get shot to death."

"I can try to convince Amiya to trust me again."

"You do that...let's see..."

Crownslayer looked at the gas gauge.

"Well....Lungmen is pretty damn far. We'll see where we end up when the car runs out of gas. You going to be good driving?"

I nodded. 

"Okay then, I'm going to get some more sleep. I'm tired as all hell and My bullcrap missions have kept me up four nights straight."

She leaned her seat back and got as comfortable as she could.

"Wake me up if something goes wrong."

"I will."

I kept driving on the road, knowing That it may take us to Lungmen. I was very nervous about going back to them for help but who else would help us?

I can only hope that I didn't mess up too badly