Chapter 7: Rescue

{Doctor}

Echo and I were in our labs. This Lab was a circular white room filled with tables of prototypes we made. we were mixing up a sample of a cure and testing it on Oropathy cells to see which solutions worked and which ones don't. We were coming close to what we believe may be a treatment, but not powerful enough to be a cure. We tested this one solution: Type 85. It seems to be pretty effective in keeping the infection from progressing from it's current state. I took the final sample in a test tube and showed it to Echo.

"Ha! there! and the other Doctors said I couldn't do something like this...Suck on that, MedSchool!"

Echo seemed enlightened by the achievement as well. 

"when do you think we may release it.?" Echo asked.

"Soon...Lives are on the line."

"Even Miss Kal'tsit?"

I paused for a second.

"Yes...Even Kal'tsit."

The door banged open nearly off it's hinges.

"DOCTOR!!!"

I was startled from the sudden noise and I ended up dropping the test tube.

'Oh, shit!"Echo dived and caught it just before it hit the ground. man...that was way too close.

"Swire, you can't just scare us while we're-"

Swire ran in and grabbed my coat. tears were streaming down her face.

"Doctoryouhavetohelp!!! ch'enisintroubleweneedtohelpher!!!!"

"Woah, woah, Swire calm down, I can't understand you. you sound like Shaw right now. What happened."

"w-we went to the HQ to talk to the council. they're all dead. these men have Ch'en. We need to get her Doctor, they're going to kill her!"

Emperor the penguin came waddling in. (Penguin Logistics took a hit to their company, so they merged forces with Rhodes Island)

"What men, if I may ask?" he said.

"I don't  know. Men in Sharp suits. one said his Oyabun sent him from Victoria."

Emperor sighed.

"The Silencers..."

"Wait, The what?" I asked.

"The Silencers. They're a Yakuza Gang from Victoria. They've been taking advantage of the Oropathy outbreak and taking over Cities that have fallen into despair."

"But...Lungmen isn't in a critical state."

"They don't limit their takes on broken cities. They target cities who've leaders are no longer present. Wei Yenwu's death was a big deal. Surely word has gotten around and the Oyabun must have somehow received the information. The Silencers are very dirty. very dangerous. Many people fear them."

"And they have Ch'en." I muttered.

"Well we must assemble a rescue team at once, Miss Ch'en is the head of security here at Lungmen. If they find out she is at such a valuable rank here. They will certainly kill her. and If I remember correctly, Ch'en is a Lung. They've become nearly extinct. she's believed to be the last of her kind."

"Alright...This does sound bad..."

"not only that, but if they call in some more of their friends, they  will try to take over Lungmen. So we better deal with this small band we have.

"Alright. Echo, look after the Lab....We're going to get Ch'en Back."

"Make sure you bring your best Operators!" Emperor called after me.