Chapter 40: The Devil Himself

Comenzar desde el principio

"What do you mean?! I'm not lashing out on peo-" I tried to defend myself although I knew she was correct.

"You have!! You literally punched Rosé yesterday for doing something right and you got mad at Jisoo for trying to help you and your family." She snapped as threw her backpack on herself and got out the car. She was staring at me waiting for a response but I had nothing to say that would help defend myself so the only option I had left was to stay quiet.

"Exactly Lisa." She simply said and slammed the car door in my face making me jump at the noise.

"Jennie baby wa-" I sighed in defeat as I saw her
quickly walking to the main building.

Fuck I thought to myself as I rested my forehead against the steering wheel.

Then my head jolted up as I heard my phone go off. My heart started racing because I was expecting to see a text from Jennie but instead I saw solars names.

Solar 😊 7:47 AM

Hey Lisa! I was wondering how you were doing? For some reason I feel like you've been having a difficult time, so something in my gut just told me to reach out to you. - Solar

You must be psychic because I am ha! Well me and Jennie just got in a little argument and later on, I'm meeting my mother after a year and a half without speaking to her.  - Lisa

Aww.. I hate to hear that you and Jennie got in a little fight but not all relationships work out 😉 - Solar

'What the fuck' was my thought when I read that text and saw that emoji. Was she saying that Jennie and I were gonna break up? I got a little mad when she said that but I decided to react nicely because like Jennie said, I was lashing out on people and I didn't want to add solar to the list.

You're right solar. Well I'm going to head to class. If I need anything I'll text you. - Lisa

Okay Lisa ❤️ - Solar

Another 'what the fuck' slipped into my mind when I saw that red heart emoji.

_________

Jennie POV

I was annoyed at what Lisa did to me but when I walked into the building without her, I immediately regretted walking here alone. I felt like all eyes were staring at me but I really didn't know if they were because I wasn't looking at anything else besides the white tiled floor beneath me.

When I saw my first period classroom door, I got even more agitated because I knew Kai was there. I didn't want him to kiss me again and hold me against my will. I took a deep breathe and decided to walk in and quickly sit down next to my partner, wheein.

"H-Hey Jennie... are you okay?" Wheein kindly asked while tapping her pencil against the desk.

"Yes why do you ask?" I asked in nervous tone while I took a quick glance towards Kai's direction and sure enough he was sitting there laughing with a group of friends.

"Because you look scared." She replied but now her pencil was laying down on the desk. I just stayed quiet as I watched my hands play with each other. After a few seconds of silence between only the two of us, wheein whispered, "I saw Kai kiss you."

In that moment I felt my heart sink because if she told anyone else, the rumor would spread around as fast as corona. And then it would eventually get to Lisa and she would actually kill Kai.

"Please tell me you didn't tell anyone." I grabbed her hands and shook them showing her how desperate I was for her to say she didn't. I sighed in relief when I saw her shake her head side to side telling me that she hasn't.