televisions and cable tv are a scam

no more tvs !!! society has progressed past the need for tvs >:(

owning a tv and having cable tv is such bullshit if you think about it.

like. i was thinking abt this at 2am a few weeks ago, and suddenly, its come back to haunt me. realistically, what do you watch on your television that isn't netflix, youtube or any other kind of streaming website/service ?? sally's gardening corner ?? old reruns of 90s melodramas that you, and the rest of the world, forgot about ?? disney xd ?!?!??!?!?!

literally half the shit that our generation watches does not even NEED to be seen on a television. it can be watched on laptops, tablets, phones etc. devices that we use in our daily lives and are probably of more value to us than this flatscreen in my living room that nobody uses.

yes, many phones and other electronic devices can be equally as expensive but they can do way more things ?? not ALL televisions come with FREE games that you can EASILY download, and not all of them ( like mine ) are connected to the internet. you can't download books on your tv to read, you can't write. all you can do on your tv is watch, but with a phone, laptop and tablet you can do those things AND more.

if you have a tv because you desire to watch your favourite movies on a big screen, bitch go to the cinema. i know we all complain about how the tickets are expensive and the snacks cost more than the movie itself but a) sneak in snacks from your local convenience store like everyone else b) the movie is only two hours long so you could just,, idk,, not eat ?? and c) it is literally cheaper to go to the cinema every once in a while than to own a television.

( i did the math, im not exaggerating )

i just dont understand why televisions are still in production. why people still own them. like. it genuinely confuses me.

also, why the FUCK do people have cable tv ???? to watch the news ???? national geographic ??? well newsflash, bitch, just get twitter instead !!!!! and natgeo is on disney+ so you have NO excuse.

if u own a tv, unfollow me smh dis cos tan

( for legal reasons, this is a joke i also own a tv im playin shsjsjsj )