rEpReSeNtAtIoN

( rant warning: im big mad and this will probably make zero sense but its whateves asjdksksjsj )

I feel that there are countless minorities being ridiculously underrepresented in the mainstream media. From people of colour, to different cultures and ( to what I want to talk about ), people of the LGBTQ+. More specifically, gay, mlm couples/ships. I think that, as a whole, we can all agree that the people of the LGBTQ+ are severely underrepresented, and most "representation" that they do get is either banned, scrutinised or the result of fetishization ( which people justify with the most ridiculous reasons. ) Lesbians and gay men suffer are the brunt of a lot of fetishization ( usually from heterosexuals ), but I will be talking mostly about gay men.

Some people reading this may think that I'm reading too much into this, or that I should just be happy and settle for the fact that LGBTQ+ people got representation at fucking all --- but change isn't made by settling and being idle. It is by talking about what bothers you and what is wrong.

The examples I'm using today are from the Percy Jackson fandom; mainly Percabeth and Solangelo. Now, I don't know if y'all know, but I am such a GEEK for this series and I fucking nerd out of Percabeth like omg 12 year old me is screaming rn --- speaking of 12 year old me, after finishing the series I was obviously eager for more of that sweet pjo/hoo content so I turned to wattpad and started to devour every good fanfic on this damn site. But while I was constantly surfing the site for fanfiction, I ( unfortunately ) came across smut. Lemons. Erotica. Fuckfiction, if you will. And I came across a LOT of Solangelo ones specifically. I wouldn't even have to search this shit up, anytime I went under the pjo tag it would just fuckin be there.

If you search up Solangelo smut, you will come across hundreds of thousands of books completely dedicated to TWO, GAY, MALE MINORS having sex. And if you click on the profiles of the authors, you will notice one common denominator; the fact that most of them are heterosexual women! Women who have the AUDACITY to declare their weird shrine of Solangelo smut "representation". It's honestly something that blows my mind, because women's bodies have constantly been sexualised and fetishized by men, so why would they do this to another group of people knowing how it feels like? Not only is this homophobic, but it is misogynistic and downright nasty ( cant believe yall wanna write abt minors fucking but thats between you and your conscience LMAOOO ).

See, it'd be different if these women just happened to be smut writers --- but I deadass saw books dedicated to Solangelo doing anal and it was just so fucking GROSS, because then they would have fluffy, fun pjo fics and other kinds of books there. Like what the fuck Karen, are you PROUD that your fetishizing a whole group of people who've been scrutinised by the media for CENTURIES???

This also goes for any fandom. I dare yall to search up smut for a het ship in any fandom and then do the same with a gay one. The difference is fucking gross and this is something that needs to be discussed more - and DO NOT get me started on the fanart. Heterosexual ship fanart is always cute and fun and fluffy, but gay ship fanart is always provocative and nsfw-esque, showing the the people doing these art pieces purely view gay people as a sex symbol !!!!! Not even a person, but an object to fulfill THEIR desires. Its so fucking TAPPED, bro!

A lot of yall might agree with me. A lot of yall might not, but what I've been tryna say is do NOT confuse fetishization with representation. Do not blur PEOPLE with SEXUAL GRATIFICATION. And don't you DARE get mad when someone calls you out on your bullshit.

have a nice day respect the lgbtq+ xx