109. family ties

After a lot of technological talk that I was no where close to understanding, Sinclair had laid out the plan for trying to get the chip out of Raven's head. Apparently, before ALIE truly overtook her, Raven was planning on using something called an EMP to essentially fry the chip.

In order to do that, we needed an electromagnet, and according to Sinclair, one of the only places we could get one was the Ark- the exact place we couldn't go.

Just as all hoped seemed lost, Monty spoke up. "We use the Dropship." he proposed. "It has P.I. thrusters just like the Ark."

"That's good." Sinclair confirmed. "Okay. I'll go salvage the magnet."

Monty's arm shot out to stop him. "Uh, no." he argued. "You should stay with Raven and figure out how this thing works. I'll take the Rover, be back before you finish the device."

I nodded, speaking for the first time since all the tech talk started. "I'll go with you." I offered, earning a grateful nod from Monty.

"Me too." Octavia chimed in from beside me.

Bellamy looked to the two of us, concern written on his face. As the three of us turned to leave, he began to say something to his sister. She cut him off with a small shake of her head. "Don't." she warned.

Upon Octavia's rejection, Bellamy looked to me. Unlike my best friend, I listened long enough for Bellamy to form words-or rather a word- "Avery-"

I shook my head, locking my eyes with his. "We'll be fine." I muttered, not saying anything else before attempting to brush past him.

I didn't get very far.

"Avery." His hand shot out to grip onto my arm. His tone had shifted from pleading to warning.

I turned to face him, briefly catching the awkward faces of Sinclair and Clarke.

"Let go of me, Bellamy." My voice was low, but strong.

His eyes darkened ever so slightly. "We need to talk." he whispered. "Just stay here, please."

I looked up at him through my lashes, my eyes angry as I pulled from his grasp. "We can talk later." I shot back before successfully managing to make it to the door without being stopped.

As I stepped into the cool night, I briefly turned to look back at Bellamy. He was standing in defeat, his sad eyes still locked on me.

"Aves, you coming?" Octavia yelled from the running Rover.

I nodded, turning away from Bellamy. "Yeah." I sighed, jogging toward the vehicle. "I'm coming."

As I pulled myself into the passenger seat, I felt a pull in my stomach. It seemed like all Bellamy and I were doing was going back and forth. He told me we needed to talk, I brushed him off and we both went back to being sad and lonely.

I knew I needed to talk to him, but every time I looked at him I remembered everything he had done, and I felt so hurt, so broken.

---

As we pulled up to the Dropship, I let out a shaky sigh.

It was my first time back here since the revelation from Jasper that this is where my brother's ashes had been spread. It felt different knowing this was Finn's final resting place.

"Who'd of thought it'd be good to see the Dropship again?" Monty breathed, his eyes focused on the structure in front of us- the place that was once our home.

Octavia wore a dark expression as she pushed open the door of the Rover. "It's not."

Monty and I shared a quick look before following after Octavia. Despite all that had gone on here, this had been my safe haven for the last few months. The place I could escape from everything else and just be myself-alone. Clearly, my best friend didn't share that sentiment.