37. revelations

I had felt this pain twice before in my life

I had felt this pain twice before in my life. Once when my parents died, the other being when Finn was stabbed. This was the third time this horrific pain and helplessness ripped through my veins. I felt like my lungs had stopped working. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't cry. I was stuck. Murphy was going to kill Bellamy right in front of me and there was nothing I could do.

"You know I've gotta hand it to you Bellamy," Murphy started as he paced around the two of us, "You've really got the people fooled, they actually look up to you...almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, but we know they truth, you're a coward. " Murphy taunted as Bellamy still struggled for air. " I learned that the day you kicked out the crate beneath me. You were just giving the people what they wanted, isn't that what you said."

Bellamy's knuckles were turning white from the tight grip he had on the belt around his neck, "I should have stopped them."

Murphy's eyes were glassed over as he spoke, "Yeah, it's a little late for that now."

"What are you planning on doing after this, Murphy?" Bellamy asked,  "You think they're just gonna let you walk out of here?"

Murphy reached up to scratch his head, letting out a chuckle, "Well, I think the Princess is dead, and I know the King's about to die so who's really going to lead these people huh? Her?" he asked, jabbing the gun into my back, "She's dying too remember? Besides, she couldn't lead a puppy if she tried, bad interpersonal skills. I guess that's what happens when you are locked up your entire life."

My breathing was heavy as I tried to focus on something other than Murphy's voice, but that proved to be impossible. Bellamy's face was rigid, his eyes locking on mine for a moment.

"So, that leaves me. And yeah, maybe I have to kill your Grounder pounding sister first-" Murphy was cut off when Bellamy swung his leg out at him which only resulted in Bellamy losing his balance, almost falling from the stool.

Murphy, now even more pissed off, rush towards the end of the rope, taking it on his hands and pulling so the noose tightened on Bellamy's neck. My breath caught in my throat as I tried desperately to free myself from my restraints.

All 3 of is froze when a scream came from below. Raven.

Murphy smirked as he lifted his gun, "That must be her now" he said, before firing three rounds at the floor. He went to fire again, only being stopped when he realized he was out of bullets. The look on Murphy's face said it all, he was caught off guard.

"Avery, go!" Bellamy yelled, causing me to jump into gear. Bellamy was pulling at the noose, trying to free himself when Murphy noticed. The dark haired, pale skinned boy rushed towards Bellamy, kicking the stool out from under him.

"No!" I choked out, tears streaming from my eyes and I used all my strength and coordination to swing my legs in the direction of Murphy. Luckily, my legs weren't bound and I was able to kick his own legs out from beneath him, sending him to the ground.

"Hold on Bellamy!" I yelled as I attempted to bring myself up to my feet.

Murphy was also getting back to his feet, seething with anger, "Bitch." he hissed, ramming the gun into my head.

The impact was hard enough to slow me down for a moment but not enough to knock me out. Blood was pouring from my forehead as I watched as Bellamy managed to hit Murphy.

Murphy went at Bellamy, hitting him repeatedly in the stomach with his gun, further knocking the air form Bellamy's lungs.

"Stop!" I shouted, pushing myself on my back, then using my all my might to send my foot into Murphy's back. He fell forwards, quickly turning to me with an vicious look. I was afraid he was about to beat me to death right then and there, but in stroke of luck, the sounds of the large drop ship door opening filled my ears.

Murphy's face fell as he jumped to his feet, grabbing a hold of me and yanking me up, "Let's go!" he screamed before all but dragging me up the ladder behind him.

My eyes were locked on Bellamy who had stopped moving, "Hurry!" I screamed to my friends who were already beginning to make their way into the ship as Murphy pulled me into the upper level.

The minute we were both up he slammed the door, throwing me to the ground as he slipped a piece of pipe between the hatch handle so it couldn't be opened. I could hear Octavia yelling for Bellamy to hold on.

"Murphy, it's over." I breathed, hoping he would just let me go.

He was looking through all the supplies frantically, "No it's not!" he snapped, his hands falling still as he landed on what he was looking for. He slowly held up a bullet as he examined it, smirking before shoving it into the gun.

Suddenly, a voice I had never been so happy to hear ripped through the ship, "Murphy!" Bellamy was raging as he began pounding on the hatch door. "Murphy let her go now! It's over!"

Murphy positioned himself by the hatch, his gun pointed towards it, "I will shoot her" he warned.

I knew that what I said next would either get me killed or prove that Murphy was bluffing, "Bellamy, he's not going to shoot me, he only has one bullet."

If Murphy actually wanted to shoot me he would have done so long before now. My suspicions were proved correct when Murphy shot me a glare, proving that he wasn't actually going to shoot me.

Bellamy's voice came again, "Murphy, there's only one way out for you. Let Avery go and come down here."

Murphy was starting to get panicked as he looked around the level. His eyes landed on something and he grinned, before whispering two words that only he and I could hear, two words I wished I hadn't of heard "Wanna bet?"

-an-

and here we are again with bellamy and avery being protective over one another...goals