Chapter 40 - Absence deeply felt

Start from the beginning

I smelled the auroma of aunt's special Daal which suddenly got me feel hungry. I greeted them while investigating about Mumma to which they said that she was sewing something in her room.

Luckily I was saved from her questions, as I witnessed Haya Aapi with her. I was relieved that I didn't have to say her about anything at the moment. I will prepare myself until then, because I am sure that she might fire me with her queries later when she gets to know that I came here for stay.

I'm sure she might trigger me with her various questions concerning her  about my relationship with her son in law and she will demand me to answer them point to point. Ugh! Allah please save me.

The day spent too well and I enjoyed each second of it. But somewhere deep down, I was deeply concerned for Him and His anger.

I wish He won't end up hurting himself. His thought pained me but I had to let it go. I can't stick to him for my own good. I must have to move on and having feelings for him won't really help.

I was more than happy to hear about Aapi's pregnancy. Alhamdulillah she was expecting twins and muffin's excitement of becoming an Aunt was indescribable.

I was delighted to watch her pampering her big sister like anything. Nothing can be compared to the care which she was showering upon the mother.

We spent the evening with giggles and laughter having a great time with each other. Like the saying that nothing lasts forever, the day too came to an end. Hence, Haya Aapi left with her husband and I could not resist to laugh on seeing muffin's reaction. She was literally having a breakdown. Oh my God!

"What's so funny? Here I am crying and you're enjoying watching me crying huh? How rude, huh!" I tried my best to not blurt out anything rubbish which might get her mad. She was already crazy and I really don't have the courage to bear her madness.

Before I could even reply to her, Mumma and Aunt came for the rescue. They helped her to feel better than before to which I sighed in relief. When they were done tackling her childish demands, their focus shifted on me.

"You're here for stay?" I simply nodded to which she smiled and to my surprise she didn't asked anything further. Maybe she assumed that I am here to stay for two to three days and might leave when I had it enough.

To her dismay, It was definitely not as simple as that. I bit my lip trying to supress the tear which were threatening to come out of my eyes any minute. I cleared my throat pretending that I needed water and hence moved out of the scenario.

Later that night, I slept in Mamma's room but only Allah knew that I was just pretending to sleep whilst the reality was that I couldn't sleep in this bed. I was actually so used to sleep in his couch that now I was missing the touch and the warmth of that fabric.

Really?? Well, I guess it's not the actual issue. Let me tell you the truth that you're missing the ambience, the feeling of ease you felt when you know that he was somewhere near you and not the least thing, Your husband himself. Accept the fact that you're missing him already.

I peeked a glance at Mamma beside me inorder to check whether she was asleep or awake yet and when I witnessed that she was asleep, I exhaled a breath of relief.

I shifted my position to the left side such that she was now facing my back because I was not wanting her to see my tears. I can't take her sleep for granted because she might wake up any minute and I can't risk anything right now.

I got worried when I recalled about his behaviour , I know he loved me but I had to make the sacrifice for my mom and I had no way for the escape.