Chapter 5

Lucie

There have been a few instances in my life, when I have considered myself a lucky person. But unfortunately, there have been more times when I thought that I have been doomed.

Like, when Britta, the best singer in 7th grade performed the song that I had prepared.

Then, in senior year, my crush saw me puking at a party. Similar situations came in college as well. However, since I started working, such situations have only seldom occurred.

But at this moment, I can do nothing, but think that my stars have got unlucky again, because out of all the people on this god damned earth, Marlon is the one who will be interviewing me. How could such a cocky person be at an executive level post? I already feel that this job is out of my reach.

He is staring at me with an almost thoughtful expression and he either ignored my "Good Morning", or he doesn't want to acknowledge it.

"Good Morning." I repeat with more confidence than before.

"Morning, Miss Summers." He replies, going through my resume. "Please explain about your previous post." He looks at me expectantly and I remind myself to have faith in myself and pray that he would be professional. And just like that, I try to act more confident than what I actually felt, and got through this interview.

In the end, it went better than I expected. I think there is a good chance that I will get this job. Thinking about it, I walked towards the door, when he said with a dazzling smile, "Nice to meet you properly, Lucie."

I just nodded my head and left his cabin. I hope that he can't tell how affected I was.

I don't know why I felt this way. It's not like he said something deep or romantic. Just a simple sentence and I felt weirdly happy with just that. There is something about him that is making me question my every action and it's not what I want. But feeling my warm cheeks makes me wonder if I am right.

There, I go questioning myself again.

Marlon

She's cute. I thought that when I first saw her. But today, I think she's hot. There is something about formal wear that appeals me, even if the woman wearing it is puzzled.

She was definitely shocked to see me when she entered my cabin. I was shocked too, but I knew that I had the upper hand.

I caught on the faux confidence, which she tried to show in the initial moments, but gradually she relaxed a bit and did well. She actually impressed me with some answers. In my assessment sheet, I mentioned that she could do better at some other post; something more suited to her qualification maybe.

I also realised that we went to the same university, but being her senior, I never met her then. I don't even recall seeing her then. Maybe, I was too involved with my batch-mates and seniors to notice much.

My phone ring interrupts my thoughts. I smile looking at my friend's, Emily's caller id.

"Hey Em. Fantasising about me again?" I ask, making sure I sound serious.

"You wish, Marlon." She replies with a laugh. "Anyways, wanna meet?"

"Sure. When?"

"Tonight, at my office or home, whichever is convenient?"

"Office. I think I would be safer there." I could imagine her rolling her eyes at my comment.

"Ugh. Stop it dude. And I have also called Kendall, so don't come with any kinky ideas." She takes this chance at teasing me.

"Yes Sir."

"Get back to work then." And just like that, she hangs up. Typical Emily.

She works for some magazine and, given that she wants to meet at her office, it must be work related.

I begin with the interviews again and I am pretty sure a certain bronze haired girl, will work for our company.

Chapter five's here. I think you guessed something like this would happen.

How is the chapter? Okay? Not so Okay? Please let me know through the comments.
The photo is how I imagine Marlon. Not hundreds percent like that, but that was closest to what I imagined him.

The plot's taking shape now, so there will be many more moments between Lucie and Marlon.

Please Vote and Share.

Good Day.