Twelve.

You slowly roll up to the entrance.
The lady leans out through the window and smiles at you, which brings you some level of comfort.
You wish you could tell her about the mirror, but she probably doesn't get paid enough to deal with this crap.

"Hi! What brings you to the park today?"
You pull out your state park pass and ID, handing it to her through your window.
"Just wanted to enjoy the view for a bit. Relieve some stress, y'know?"
You feel a strange warmth crawl over the back of your neck.

She chuckles.
"I sure do. Sometimes a little bit of fresh air is all you need."

There it is again. Like hot air trailing over your skin.

"I sure hope so.."

She hands you back your cards, and cocks an eyebrow at you.
"Are you alright hun? You're pale as a ghost. Do you need me to call somebody?"
Like a priest?
Or maybe a psychiatrist..
You actually hesitate in answering.
Should you call somebody?
Who?

You notice her looking at you with concern, and you speak up.

"N-no! Thank you though, I appreciate the offer." You smile, hoping to ease her suspicions.
It doesn't seem to accomplish that, but she doesn't press the matter any further.

"Alright, well.. Stay safe, alright?"
You nod and drive away.
As you drive away, you keep feeling that warm air hit the skin of your neck.
Over and over again.
You turn up the air-conditioning, but it doesn't help. Stopping at a stop sign, you take a moment to compose yourself.
Again.
And again.

And then the realization hits you.

That's breathing.

Something is breathing against the back of your neck.

You take a deep breath and try and steady your shaking hands.

________________

Eventually, while driving around, you see a camping spot with people in it.
You don't wanna be creepy and pull in right next to them, so you park one spot away.
They don't seems to notice, or at least don't care
You try your best to keep your composer as you take off your seatbelt and open the car door.

...
That lady was actually somewhat right. You definitely feel better in nature..

Or at least its better then in the car with whatever that thing is.

You pop open the back of the car and crawl in.
It doesn't feel as.. Overbearing back here, actually. You open a box that has a few blankets and a long body length pillow in it.
Before you let the kittens back here you lay out the blankets and put the pillow as a blockade so that the cats don't fall out of the back of the car.
Koi might still try though..
It looks very mismatched since none of the blankets are similar colors. Not that the kitties would mind.

You really don't wanna close the back door. Its not so scary in here when its open.
You bring the kitty box over the back seat and set it down next to you and gently take each little fluff ball out.
Setting them down, you notice that each of them turns to look up, facing the interior of the car.
Like they're watching something in the backseat.

You hold Luco in your lap an pet him.
He keeps his eyes on the back seat as well, but his haunches are raised defensively.
The others are putting their paws up on the back of the seats and mewling up, as if calling to some invisible figure.