Six.

(This chapter is- quite literally- Fluff)

You sit on the other side of the box of cats. He hands you a plate with a slice of cake on it, an innocent smile on his face.
Warily, you take the plate, a nervous smile playing on your lips as you do.

His eyes bore into you as he waits for you to take a bite.
Reluctantly, you take a small piece of the cake.
Its..

ITS DELICIOUS!
You can't help the smile on your face as you bring your hand up to cover your mouth.
"Mm!" You mumble as you chew.
His eyes light up and he shows a big, cheery smile, obviously proud that you're enjoying it.
"You like it?"
You nod, shoveling another fork-full into your mouth.

"I made it myself. Its my award winning recipe, actually."
Your eyes widen as you suddenly turn to him. "Uor refipe?" You ask, trying to talk through the piece of cake in your mouth.
He chuckles "Yeah. I've baked a lot, ever since I was little. Mostly because of a friend of mine."
He takes a bite himself, enjoying the flavor before setting his plate down.
He turns back to you and smiles.
"Do they have names?"

"Oh! Yes! Hold on.." You quickly find a place to set your plate, choosing a flat topped chest at the end of his bed.
You peer over into the box, looking at the tiny fluff balls inside.
The first one to look up at you is Koi.
Her big, curious eyes and little paws ready for exploration.
You gently pick her up, setting her on the bed.
"This little ball of energy is Koi."

Cecil's eyes light up as he watches her shuffle her little legs across his fluffy blanket. She looks up at him and mewls loudly at him. He covers his big goofy smile with his hand and gently rubs her chin with the back of his finger. She places her little paw on his hand and tries to climb up on him.

You look in the box and see Luco staring at you with a "What are you doing with my little sister?" Kinda look.
You pick him up from the box and set him in your lap.
"And this is Luco. He's an asshole and I love him."
Cecil laughs and rubs Luco's head. The disgruntled kitten shakes and pulls away from him. Grumpy as ever.
Cecil looks into the box himself, now containing the twins & sleeping Aroura.

"The two white ones are the twins. Big boy Cotton and sweet lil Candy."
He smiles, picking up candy and setting her on the bed next to her sister. This earns a loud mew from big brother Cotton.
You pet his head to calm him down. He doesn't like being separate from his sister.

Cecil watches Candy and Koi waddle around on the bed for a while, a content smile on his face.
Luco finally leaves your lap, joining his sisters.
Cotton stands up in the box, trying to peer over the top, mewling loudly again.
Cecil picks him up and sets him in his lap- directly on his black pants.
You wince internally at the fact, but keep it to yourself.
"So this one is Cotton." He runs his hand over the little cotton balls fur.
"His fur is so dense and soft."
You nod in agreement, watching Cotton climb out of Cecil's lap to get to his siblings.

"And who is our final little sleeping beauty?" He asks.
You chuckle.
"Yes."
You thought it would confuse him, but instead he actually put it together almost immediately.
"Her name is Aroura?" He gently runs the back of his knuckles over her fur.
The little brunette purrs loudly, stretching her little legs as shes woken up from her nap.

Cotton tumbles over and bumps into koi, who takes the opportunity to climb on top of her larger brother.
Though she ends up stumbling and rolling off of him.
You quickly catch her before she gets too close to the end of the bed.
Setting her next to Luco, you watch her go straight back to mischief.
Koi grabs at her grumpy brothers ticking tail, earning an immediate bap to the noggin from Luco. Not that it stopped the rambunctious little calico at all.
She baps back at her brother in playful retaliation.

After taking out Aroura to play, you and Cecil played with the kittens for a little while.
At this point, while you hadn't forgotten about the strange incident earlier, you weren't particularly worried for now.

"I can't really decide which one I want.." He says with a sigh. "Having to choose between six kittens is really difficult. Especially when they're all so cute.."
You chuckle at his mistake, deciding to correct him.
"Five."
He look over at you absentmindedly.
"Hm?"
"You said six, there's five kittens."

He pauses for a moment, staring at you blankly before smiling.
"Oh, oops!"
He rubs behind Aurora's ears as he talks.
"I guess I'm just so smitten by each kitten that I lost track."

you chuckle at the rhyme.
He pulls out his phone and hands it to you. Looking at the screen, you see a contact page to fill.
You look at him inquisitively.
"Put your phone number and Email in please. And give me your phone so I can do the same."

You were confused but handed him your phone and put your information into his.
You finish pretty quickly and hand it back to him. He's still typing, but takes his phone back. You then hear the notification of him sending a conformation text to your phone.
You think its done when he speaks up again.
"Alright.. Now let me just.." He then raises the phone, and you hear the camera click. He just took a picture of himself with your phone?
"And now-!" He leans in towards you, snapping a picture of the two of you. You're taken off guard and there's no doubt in your mind that you made a stupid face. He chuckles at the picture.
"Perfect!"

After he hands your phone back, you see that he took the selfie for his contact picture.
This all has made you feel extremely awkward and uncomfortable. As much as you had fun playing with the kittens, this kid is definitely up to no good.
He can't just come onto you, act like it didn't happen and then act like you're friends!

You decide right now is a good time to leave.
Standing up, you grab the kitten box and head towards the door.
...
The locked door..
You turn to him awkwardly.
"Um, could you open the door for me?"
"Oh, sure!" He walks over, taking the key from his pocket. He traps you between him and the door as he unlocks it.
Because of the box, you can't lean forward to get away from him pressing himself on you.
This is a completely avoidable situation, why would he do this?! Just ask me to move or stand to the side to do it- or better yet, just don't lock the fucking door!
"Make sure to send me lots of pictures of the kittens, okay?" He smiles cheerily at you as he unlocks it and puts the key back in his pocket. You send him an uneasy fake smile in return, reaching for the door as you speak.
"Yeah I already have a lo-"
Suddenly his hand impacts the door, re-closing the small gap you made.
Oh god not again-!
He leans in towards your left side, you can feel his breathe on your ear.
"Don't forget to send me lots of pictures of yourself, too.."
He practically purrs it. He then quickly opens the door for you and smiles, as if nothing fucking happened.

You take the opportunity to politely book it out of this fucking house.
You pass by his parents and don't even bother to look at them and their concerned expressions.

You get home and enjoy some time just laying down with the kittens.
Maybe you can handle having five cats? I mean, its a decent sized house, and its not like you have any roommates..
Cat food could get expensive though.
And the vet bills! They don't have their their tags, been spayed/neutered, had a chip placed-!
Fuck..
Maybe it is worth it to deal with that kid for just a bit..
He may be a creep, but he was very kind to the cats.

You sigh and sit up, in the process annoying Luco, who was sleeping on your back.
Deciding that maybe you should send him the pictures (the ones of the cats. No way you're sending pictures of yourself to this dude.), You pull out your phone.
...

38 new messages?!
What in the great white whale is wrong with this kid?! Its been like 30 minutes since you left!