[28] The sky that is gone

Start from the beginning

"AHHHH!"

"IT HURTS! MOTHER!"

"PRINCESS please!"

"Min-Soo! It hurts! Please call father!" Rue whimpers and shouts in pain as the doctors and nurses rush around to take care of her. Tears flow down her face as she grabs onto Min-Soo's hand refusing to let go.

"Princess...." The young boy can only grimace and pity the young girl.

How was the attendant to tell this young, fragile girl about how her father was busy with other matters? His heart ached for this little girl.

"Please Min-Soo! Atleast call Grandpa Mundok! Please!" The female whimpers yet again as a stabbing pain hits her again.

"Y-Yes!" Min-Soo runs as fast as he can towards Elder Mundok's Quarters.

"Please.... mother...... father..... Yona.... Hak.... Soo-Won... Where are you?" She whimpers yet again.

||♪||

Min-Soo ran as fast as he could through the cold, snowing hallways. His breath haggard. However his will was strong so he pushed through. She was counting on him. Rue was counting on Min-Soo. A sight of her smile flashed through his mind.

"Min-Soo look! Snow!"

He clenched his hands. Why did all bad things happen to her? She was only a child! She didn't deserve any of this sadness. A child her age should be playing with friends, smiling and cheerful. But there she was. Panting in pain and fear.

"Princess why do you always put your needs away for Yona Hime?" He had asked one day. Her answer could be heard by him till today.

"If both of us were fated to suffer misery, then let me give her my share of joy while I take away her suffering." She smiled down at the three— Yona, Hak, Soo-Won — who were playing in the courtyard, from her room.

"But why?"

She glanced at him before motioning to the three laughing kids.

"Isn't it obvious? Their happiness. If Yona is happy then Hak and Soo-Won become happy. It's that happiness that I wish to protect. Even at the cost of mine."

As he turned the corner, he crashed into someone. He stumbled back and almost sighed in relief when he saw Elder Mundok.

"Chief Mundok!"

"Min-Soo? Why are you running around like this? And where is Princess Rue? Shouldn't she be with you?"

"About that, Chief Mundok, please come with me! It is an emergency! It is Princess Rue!"

"What? Lead me to her."

With that the two hurried to the quarters of the female who was writhing in pain.

||♪||

"Princess! Chief Mundok is here!" Min-Soo burst into the room. The female was bandaged and lying on her bed as her hair fell around her. As soon as she heard Mundok's name she sat up and winced.

"Princess! Please slowly." Mundok rushed over to the young child and stood beside her, his eyes wide.

"Grandpa Mundok! Where were you? How is Yona? What about mother? Is father okay?" She rushed with the questions.

"Calm down Princess. Relax." He sat down beside and hesitated slightly before answering her.

"I wasn't aware of your wounds and as soon as Min-Soo I formed me, I rushed over. Princess Yona is fine and outside with Hak and Soo-Won."